Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Episode V

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Big fan of this classic feelgood show. Feels like Doc Martin meets The Durrells...
It has the one actor who played Leslie Durrell in it. The Durrells was also very good.
Overall the British shows have a level on intelligence that the USA shows don't often have.

lotus123

All Creatures Great & Small - based on the James Herriot book. It's a British show and if you like them, you will love this.
Probably also appropriate for children to see. No swearing of any kind, nothing funny going on. Just a really clean, wholesome show. With a Christmas episode because the Brits love doing that.

Give it a watch.
Even if you're not a fan of British shows you might like it. Ordinary people being nice to each other, good acting, great setting. Makes for a good change from the usual stuff.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Even if you're not a fan of British shows you might like it. Ordinary people being nice to each other, good acting, great setting. Makes for a good change from the usual stuff.
It actually does, and they're based on the books. And good for children to watch too. Just a nice and decent show.

rrh

Expert Member
All Creatures Great & Small - based on the James Herriot book. It's a British show and if you like them, you will love this.
Probably also appropriate for children to see. No swearing of any kind, nothing funny going on. Just a really clean, wholesome show. With a Christmas episode because the Brits love doing that.

Give it a watch.
The Christmas "special" is - as is correctly shown on Sonarr - actually episode 7 i.e. part of the story-line, and therefore not to be missed.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
The Christmas "special" is - as is correctly shown on Sonarr - actually episode 7 i.e. part of the story-line, and therefore not to be missed.
Only a Christmas special as it takes place over Christmas. But you do need to watch otherwise you'll have no clue what has happened since Episode 6. We finished the series last night and are really looking forward to S2 this year some time.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Absolutely loving the new Cobra Kai season. Nostalgia trip of note. Very cool how many of the original actors and accesses they bring back giving back to them in a way for the original trilogy.
Piece de resistance was the parallelism to a Star Wars character.
Nod if you caught it.

themba990

Expert Member
Just finished season 1 of This Country and it is right up my alley, makes me want to do a Peep Show rewatch

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I see Coyote had a 6+ on IMDB this morning. Now 4.8 uh oh.
Well I'm on episode 5 and enjoying. 5 / 10 so far for me.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Zooey's Extraordinary Playlist!

We started it tonight. It's quirky, funny and looks to be awesome.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Zooey's Extraordinary Playlist!

We started it tonight. It's quirky, funny and looks to be awesome.

you and @cerebus should probably get a room...preferably sound-proofed so we can't hear you singing along to the musical numbers.

:p

cerebus

Honorary Master
you and @cerebus should probably get a room...preferably sound-proofed so we can't hear you singing along to the musical numbers.

:p

A man confesses to liking one show that HAPPENS to feature musical numbers and he's branded for life. I mean. Wtf is wrong with people it's enough to make me wanna break out Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for another binge watch

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Coming 11 Feb.

Clarice
A look at the untold personal story of FBI agent Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field about a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

1610083391810.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
So the Chicago series and The Rookie is back but could not find it

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So the Chicago series and The Rookie is back but could not find it
Next week.

EDIT: It was supposed to air the other night but there was a Patriots v Stealers game in Washington DC that pre-empted most of the regularly scheduled programming ;)

Last edited: