Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Season VI

Avatar: The Last Airbender - 7/10
Never watched the anime because obviously, but the show is pretty decent for what it is. The visual effects are pretty well done, characters have decent - if predictable - arcs. It's been resigned for 2 additional seasons so that bodes well.

You should try to watch the anime sometime, it’s honestly one of the best shows ever made

The Gentlemen - Guy Ritchie is fully out of new ideas but as long as you’re ok watching him recycle the same jellied eels cockney gangster tropes and onscreen text explaining every goddam plot point like we’re idiots and ripping off complete characters from Breaking Bad, it’s a pretty good stylish time
Like a Statham movie I know exactly what I'm getting and I don't mind at all. The story rolls along at a really nice pace and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting.

You should try to watch the anime sometime, it’s honestly one of the best shows ever made
I have tried a few anime. The only one I enjoyed was Arcane and that's quite different to normal anime. I just don't enjoy it.

I have tried a few anime. The only one I enjoyed was Arcane and that's quite different to normal anime. I just don't enjoy it.

First 5 episodes of Book 1 are a bit rough. Persevere and you’ll see that the animated version is miles better than than the live action

Since when is Avatar considered anime, it's a Nickelodeon show.
Eh - the age old debate. Imo it looks and feels enough like an anime that I don't really care if it's called an anime. Unless you're taking the origin position: Only things from Japan can be anime.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - 7/10
Never watched the anime because obviously, but the show is pretty decent for what it is. The visual effects are pretty well done, characters have decent - if predictable - arcs. It's been resigned for 2 additional seasons so that bodes well.
It's like a 9 for me. I haven't watched the anime yet but damn this was good. Visuals, acting and sound all was really good.

Avatar The Last Airbender (2005-2008) probably isn't technically an anime but it's very clearly inspired by anime in terms of art style. If you aren't into Japanese anime you might still like it. It's generally regarded as one of the best shows ever for a good reason.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

But tbh I don't really care, I'm not here to convince numpties like Urban963 that they should watch good stuff.

Avatar The Last Airbender (2005-2008) probably isn't technically an anime but it's very clearly inspired by anime in terms of art style. If you aren't into Japanese anime you might still like it. It's generally regarded as one of the best shows ever for a good reason.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

But tbh I don't really care, I'm not here to convince numpties like Urban963 that they should watch good stuff.
Hey man, you like what you like, I like what I like.

No reason to sling turdblankets over an animated series.

You know SA has a bad reputation when series like The Regime use it as an example of how not to do things :laugh:

The Regime is currently looking like it might become one of my favourite shows for 2024 if it keeps taking turns like episode 3.

Last edited:
Tue, 19. Mar

Alert: Missing Persons Unit S02E03
Australian Survivor S01E24
Dark Side of the Ring S05E03
Ex On The Beach UK S03E01
Extended Family S01E12
FBI S06E05
FBI: International S03E05
FBI: Most Wanted S05E05
Gold Rush: White Water S07E01
Great British Railway Journeys S15E02
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S11E26
Monster High S02E06
Night Court (2023) S02E12
One More Time S01E11
Rugrats (2021) S02E18
Run the Burbs S03E11
Shogun S01E05
Son of a Critch S03E11
The Cleaning Lady S03E03
The Curse of Oak Island S11E19
The Good Doctor S07E03
The Hundred with Andy Lee S06E07
The Kelly Clarkson Show S05E98
Vanderpump Rules S11E08

This one from June ‘22 went under my radar. Finally done & dusted, it was worth it.

There is ton of insight I was not privy to, there were so many challenges getting the film off the ground.

The ensemble cast is quality & there are plenty of thrills.

Good bingeability at play.

IMG_8966.jpeg

Back