Serv Hosting / Serve Hosting / Web Africa / 1-grid.com No Loyalty (Price increases/Discontinuation of products?)

ld13

Honorary Master
Did anyone get a notice of any price increases or discontinuing of packages at 1-grid? My 'Linux Hosting X Small' package went from R19 odd, to R29 sometime in 2018 and today I see my July invoice is R49. According to support these Xtra small packages were discontinued about 3 months ago?

shanezn186

I've been fighting to cancel my products on my 1-grid account. **** THEM FOR NOT HONORING MY REQUEST WHICH I SUBMITTED A FEW MONTHS AGO.

ld13

Honorary Master
Getting mixed signals from support:
"Packages fell away 3 months ago"
"when you exceed the disk quota of the package, an automatic upgrade can happen"

Heck, I might have upgraded it myself - I am not sure.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Not trying to spam or derail this thread.
For those that may be in the same situation and are looking for affordable cPanel hosting then we will be able to assist you until April 2020

Our current 3 year cPanel licenses expire at the end of May 2020 and we plan to migrate resellers over to DA or similar alternative by the end of April 2020 - providing ample time to test,debug and notify our clients.
These migration plans are not set in concrete and are subject to change depending on developments that occur within the 8 - 10 months

For those that want affordable cPanel Hosting in mean time please take a look at our offerings
https://absolutehosting.co.za/hosting/cpanel-web-hosting/

ld13

Honorary Master
I suspect the following happened. Not that 1-grid wants to play ball at this stage.

My account neared its quota limit. No notification was sent out. (Last notification was sent in February)
My account reached the invoice date, 25/05/2019, and I was invoiced R29.
My account breaches the 750MB limit on ~29/05/2019 and gets upgraded to the next package. No notification was sent out.
My account reached the next invoice date, 24/06/2019, and I was invoiced R49.

The issue I have here is that I would still be on the R29 package if their system did not fail to notify me. Also, I would’ve been able to react immediately if I had been notified that I was upgraded on the 29th of May 2019. That also did not happen.

I am not in the wrong and I feel it is more than reasonable of me to request that I be placed back on my old account setup and rate. Yes, the amounts involved are minuscule, but its the principle of the matter that is getting me slightly worked up here.

flbjhb

Hi Guys

If 1-grid gets too pricey perhaps you can give us a try ;-) Our servers are hosted in SA to ensure the lowest latency between you and our servers.

Our standard packages are listed at https://www.web-telecoms.co.za/hosting/linux-web-hosting/ - custom hosting packages can be created to suite your requirements.
No unexpected bills for disk overusage as we send out notices when you approach resource limit.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Wow, the vultures, you open a thread to complain about a problem then suddenly you get u related sales solutions...

WAslayer

Expert Member
I suspect the following happened. Not that 1-grid wants to play ball at this stage.

My account neared its quota limit. No notification was sent out. (Last notification was sent in February)
My account reached the invoice date, 25/05/2019, and I was invoiced R29.
My account breaches the 750MB limit on ~29/05/2019 and gets upgraded to the next package. No notification was sent out.
My account reached the next invoice date, 24/06/2019, and I was invoiced R49.

The issue I have here is that I would still be on the R29 package if their system did not fail to notify me. Also, I would’ve been able to react immediately if I had been notified that I was upgraded on the 29th of May 2019. That also did not happen.

I am not in the wrong and I feel it is more than reasonable of me to request that I be placed back on my old account setup and rate. Yes, the amounts involved are minuscule, but its the principle of the matter that is getting me slightly worked up here.
Most definitely you can insist on that.. You should request from them that they prove you were notified about exceeding quotas..

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Wow, the vultures, you open a thread to complain about a problem then suddenly you get u related sales solutions...
Why complain about something, if the only thing you can do, is to change to another provider. If you do not know about others, where do you begin. This is an open forum after all and we are allowed to offer our services to other people. :)

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
In retrospect to other threads that exist regarding what could have been a similar issue (cpanel pricing) I dont think my response warrants being labelled as a vulture when I specifically went out of my way to state that I was not trying to spam and explained things clearly.

Each to their own and you're entitled to your own opinion

ld13

Honorary Master
So, as per 1-grid I can move to the X small package but will have to continue to pay for the small package. Pathetic. I am at a loss for words.

I looked back at my history with them. I joined Serv/Serve Hosting before 2006 - had a rough time with Kyle and all the issues and downtime they had. I stuck with them.
Then they were sold to WebAfrica. I stuck with them.
Then WebAfrica moved their hosting to 1-grid.com. I stuck with them.

I cannot believe this is the type of service a loyal client receives.

@1-grid @WebAfrica Helper

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Not trying to spam or derail this thread.
For those that may be in the same situation and are looking for affordable cPanel hosting then we will be able to assist you until April 2020

Our current 3 year cPanel licenses expire at the end of May 2020 and we plan to migrate resellers over to DA or similar alternative by the end of April 2020 - providing ample time to test,debug and notify our clients.
These migration plans are not set in concrete and are subject to change depending on developments that occur within the 8 - 10 months

For those that want affordable cPanel Hosting in mean time please take a look at our offerings
https://absolutehosting.co.za/hosting/cpanel-web-hosting/
Now if you could still have automatic Let's Encrypt renewal on DA that'll be great. Is swear it is one of the most important features I look for when shopping for "cheap" hosting.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Now if you could still have automatic Let's Encrypt renewal on DA that'll be great. Is swear it is one of the most important features I look for when shopping for "cheap" hosting.
Afaik it’s supported - will be able to confirm as soon as our beta box is up