Setting up a VPN using FOSS (OpenVPN)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Look dude, let's end this pointless discussion. Not everyone uses your use cases. This doesn't suit your needs? No worries, don't use it, but quit trolling.

And while you're at it, please let Amazon know they're wasting their time marketing this crap when it's not necessary LMAO
Well you’ve just illustrated why one wouldn’t need OpenVPN on AWS.

But site-2-site VPNs make perfect common sense and it makes perfect sense for Amazon to provide the client service for people who still believe in working that way.

The only reason I actually object to this very scenario is because I’m currently dealing with exactly this setup of OpenVPN inside an AWS configuration and I keep asking the question why and nobody provides decent answers which is why I asked the same questions here.

But let’s leave it at that.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well you’ve just illustrated why one wouldn’t need OpenVPN on AWS.

But site-2-site VPNs make perfect common sense and it makes perfect sense for Amazon to provide the client service for people who still believe in working that way.

The only reason I actually object to this very scenario is because I’m currently dealing with exactly this setup of OpenVPN inside an AWS configuration and I keep asking the question why and nobody provides decent answers which is why I asked the same questions here.

But let’s leave it at that.
Yeah, let's leave it at that. You seem to say that a lot. Let's see if you can do it.