Sex threads in HWLR

killadoob

Honorary Master
There is no fence, its a very good thread with alot of useful info. Kitten and Mila are both female and they got heavily involved in the discussion.

Now henry if 2 chicks can get involved in a discussion like that then you must be gay :p, o shoot i said chicks now i'm in trouble for being derogatory towards women :p

So if i say telkom rapes us you find that wrong, this is exactly my point, to me it seems cath you should not be on a forum because just about every second thing on this forum is wrong in your eyes.

Can't make jokes in case the a few of the members get offended, can't say raped by a company because there is actual rape, can't speak about sex. These are the only ones i know about. You list of bad things could 4 pages long.

If you ran this forum we would all talk about baking and cooking the whole flippin day because we would all be to scared to post anything in case you found it wrong. Cath as i said before you do not have to click on the thread, you do have the choice. Its getting to the point where we think twice about posting stuff incase you complain about it.

Last edited:

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
No it does not because the large majority of people who post in there are always posting in there, most of the posts come from people who live in that section of the forum because its best, most interesting and the most humorous section on this site :).

I doubt people care what threads are made because this website is for over 18's and some people forget they do not actually need to click on or read anything they feel uncomfortable with.

There is no gun to anyone's head forcing them to read any threads.
People come in here to MYBROADBAND. An IT and News website primarily, and then they see off topic threads about photography, games, food, pets etc. They think ok that looks interesting I can get computer help and information as well as a few fun threads. Now they come along and see a new posts link full of 'how to massage the g-spot' and 'does sex hurt' and 'what if my condom slips off'.

Wonderful.

Why can't you guys just go to a forum more appropriate for posting things like that of a sexual nature.

CathJ

Expert Member
Odd, no comments from the mods.

I honestly would like to hear opinions from the mods/rpm. Are topics like these okay for the forum or not? If they're not, then clean them up; if they are, then that's fine too - I'll probably not hang around much longer, but at least I know what the situation is. I truly, honestly, don't mean this in a snarky or bolshy way; I just really would like to know what the thinking is. (I'm currently assuming that the silence means they think it's okay, but I'd like to get a more definitive idea).

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
There is no fence, its a very good thread with alot of useful info. Kitten and Mila are both female and they got heavily involved in the discussion.

Now henry if 2 chicks can get involved in a discussion like that then you must be gay :p, o shoot i said chicks now i'm in trouble for derogatory towards women :p
I am not bothered by the subject matter. The internet is filled with much much much worse. I am just not sure if here is the place for it...

Like I said, on the fence :)

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
People come in here to MYBROADBAND. An IT and News website primarily, and then they see off topic threads about photography, games, food, pets etc. They think ok that looks interesting I can get computer help and information as well as a few fun threads. Now they come along and see a new posts link full of 'how to massage the g-spot' and 'does sex hurt' and 'what if my condom slips off'.

Wonderful.

Why can't you guys just go to a forum more appropriate for posting things like that of a sexual nature.
I agree with what you are saying here as well.

Pitbull

Verboten
Killa... I'm not a prude. I believe there's a time and a place. I believe that using the word "rape" to describe being ripped off by a company is wrong, when there are so many traumatic connotations to the word. I believe that a tend towards dehumanising women through derogatory jokes should be challenged. And yes, I believe that the explicity sexual threads that have been posted today do not belong on this forum.

And you know what? I'm entitled to think that, just as you're entitled to think the opposite. But don't you dare think of judging me. In fact, if we're going to get personal, I have to say that judging by a lot of your posts, I'm rather glad you don't approve of me, because I don't want to be the kind of person that you are.

And yes, if this is what the forum is turning into, maybe it is time to leave. Pity, because it's a nice place with some nice people, and we've had some nice chats - but when a nice coffee shop turns into a venue for an orgy, it might well be time to leave.
CathJ

I honestly respect your wishes and thus have requested the heading to be changed as I can see that being a problem, but pls don't get rid of the context of the thread. I'm not judging you and I understand 100% where you are coming from. I honestly do. But killing the thread is not and end to a means.

If the heading is changed you will be happy ? And thus avoid the thread if you find it a bit intrusive ?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Its even a bit woes for me'on this site and I go to some pretty rough forums. This is not the place for this, a inuendo here or there is OK but this is getting out of hand....

Pitbull

Verboten

Wonderful.

Pooky if that was the case you would not be here ;)

It's more than just a forum nowadays. It's a social gathering of people. See the amount fo people logging in here just to talk crap with each other while working ? They out weigh the IT/News guys 10 fold :p

InSanity

Supre Grnadmastre
Killa... I'm not a prude. I believe there's a time and a place. I believe that using the word "rape" to describe being ripped off by a company is wrong, .
Hopefully we never meet because i use rape for everything. "i raped my bi's at gym this morning", "inflation is raping me", "stop rape say yes(easy it was a joke)":D:p

Necuno

Court Jester
Odd, no comments from the mods.

I honestly would like to hear opinions from the mods/rpm. Are topics like these okay for the forum or not? If they're not, then clean them up; if they are, then that's fine too - I'll probably not hang around much longer, but at least I know what the situation is. I truly, honestly, don't mean this in a snarky or bolshy way; I just really would like to know what the thinking is. (I'm currently assuming that the silence means they think it's okay, but I'd like to get a more definitive idea).
they are not here 24.7 to say something at a whim- remember they have lives too.

Oprah had a vibrator on her show this week. She did a whole show on sexual health. Did you watch that episode?

Its interesting where we can talk about murder and killing, and we can even play computer games that simulate killing.. but anything sexual... and its taboo. Messed up morality that.
at least religion made it out of the woods... :rolleyes:

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Hopefully we never meet because i use rape for everything. "i raped my bi's at gym this morning", "inflation is raping me", "stop rape say yes(easy it was a joke)":D:p
Same here. A lot of people do. Not just with the word 'rape'. Doesn't bother me at all tbh.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
It's more than just a forum nowadays. It's a social gathering of people. See the amount fo people logging in here just to talk crap with each other while working ? They out weigh the IT/News guys 10 fold :p
Very well but I don't exactly see gatherings of people chatting about g-spots and how to stimulate them. I mean really come on.

CathJ

Expert Member
CathJ

I honestly respect your wishes and thus have requested the heading to be changed as I can see that being a problem, but pls don't get rid of the context of the thread. I'm not judging you and I understand 100% where you are coming from. I honestly do. But killing the thread is not and end to a means.

If the heading is changed you will be happy ? And thus avoid the thread if you find it a bit intrusive ?
Well, happier. And as one-off thread, with a less explicit title, I wouldn't have complained, I would just have ignored the thread. But there seems to be a spate of them at the moment, and as with other topics that have come up in the past I think the mods need to consider the direction it's taking and whether that's the direction they want it to take.

CathJ

Expert Member
they are not here 24.7 to say something at a whim- remember they have lives too.
Yep, I realise that. They just normally step into something like this fairly quickly, and we've had some incredibly past thread deletions/mod action in the past (relating to trolls, spam, etc). That's why I said I'd like for them to comment.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
we all know that there are youngsters in here aswell as some virgins and while some of the threads mean well they can get out of hand and explicit.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I'd say we should ask for a poll but I think we all know which way that would go...So maybe it would be good to hear from the mods, if they are actually happy with the situation.

killadoob

Honorary Master
How to work the g-spot explicit?

Yea thats one explicit title, anyone that reads that would cower to the explicitness of that title :p

Well cath the mods have not done anything about them so i would imagine they think its fine. Do you have any idea how informative that section is and how informative that thread is. It's quite sad that people complain about something that teaches people something they possibly did not know.

Pitbull

Verboten
Well, happier. And as one-off thread, with a less explicit title, I wouldn't have complained, I would just have ignored the thread. But there seems to be a spate of them at the moment, and as with other topics that have come up in the past I think the mods need to consider the direction it's taking and whether that's the direction they want it to take.
I agree with you 100% as you will note I have not taken part in most of the other discussions you are mentioning. I'm also a reserved kind of guy. I do however feel somethings need to be said for the greater good of man kind.

That was the reason for my thread.

I agree fully that the heading is intrusive and I appologise. As mentioned I don;t know what else to call it thus the heading. I have asked Bwana's master english knowledge to come up with a better heading. I hope he can.

I agree there is a huge influx of these threads but one needs to weigh up the relevance of these threads instead fo just putting down a ban across all of them. Our world is a messed up place because there is to much violence on TV and we're hiding sex away as a cardinal sin. We need to change this perception about sex being dirty and ugly. It needs to be discussed in the open but in a mature manner. And not be made out to be lusty and sleezy.

I tried that with the thread and I failed with some words but ther general feel of that thread is of clarity and understanding. It's not sleezy in the least.

And I do appologise if I offended you in any way.