"Sex with dead deer not illegal"

Leitmotif

Expert Member
El Reg reports on anything they find unusual or interesting, as well as on IT. Look under 'Odds and sods'. Lot of articles from Ananova find their way there.

bdt

Executive Member
If this sicko is guilty then he should be thrown in jail and given hard labor for the rest of his days.
Aye, there's the rub! Maybe without knowing it, you've hit upon what I'm told (by a legaleagle I know) is a key legal point: an actual crime has to have been committed before the question of charging anyone for one can even be raised. So, notwithstanding prima facie evidence (legalese seems fitting at this point :p) of something deeply deviant (and let's face it, pretty disturbed) having been done, the guy could well get off scott-free on this particular charge, go figure... :shrug:

Don't bother me about his human rights or me offending him.
A perfectly normal reaction: the herd/group has to reject deviance in the name of survival of the species (and yes, I'm well aware that we're in NO danger of being endangered, this is something hardcoded into our genetics.)

Alan

Honorary Master
Aye, there's the rub! Maybe without knowing it, you've hit upon what I'm told (by a legaleagle I know) is a key legal point: an actual crime has to have been committed before the question of charging anyone for one can even be raised. So, notwithstanding prima facie evidence (legalese seems fitting at this point :p) of something deeply deviant (and let's face it, pretty disturbed) having been done, the guy could well get off scott-free on this particular charge, go figure... :shrug:

A perfectly normal reaction: the herd/group has to reject deviance in the name of survival of the species (and yes, I'm well aware that we're in NO danger of being endangered, this is something hardcoded into our genetics.)

True. Who would have thought up of a law to punish a person for ahem *** a dead ****. But surely this kind of thing can't go unpunished.

I still say throw him in jail. It's common sense that he is a sicko and there is no justification for him roaming the streets.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
America, home of the absurd legal defense... common sense is unfortunately not sufficient to prosecute. Sigh.

bdt

Executive Member
America, home of the absurd legal defense
Would that it were only that and it stopped there, sadly not; I mean my buddy *is* a lawyer in our legal system ...and the way he 'splained it to me was both preposterous and hilarious (if, like any right thinking individual, you think the law is an ass) ;)

Debbie

Banned
If a dude wants to do it with a dead deer HOW does this affect anyone?

And ajak/aka/aka/aka/aka/aka, your various incarnations are getting a little tiresome, btw. one plus one always equals two.

Angelo

Expert Member
And ajak/aka/aka/aka/aka/aka, your various incarnations are getting a little tiresome, btw. one plus one always equals two.
Wow is the 'oom' still around...what nick is he using this time?

Debbie

Banned
Wow is the 'oom' still around...what nick is he using this time?
It does not take too much brainpower.

I just don't understand why someone would go to the trouble of logging in and out of various nicks. Its cowardly.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
My right to swing my fist ends where your chin begins... not so? As long as he didn't kill the deer to poke it.

Debbie

Banned
Are you referring to me?

Do you honestly think that a person can be free "do it with a dead deer" because it doesn't affect anyone else directly :eek: . Is your perception of right or wrong based on whether a deed affects anybody else.
I'm shagging a dead goat right now, as I type.

Is it hurting you? Does my closeness with the goat cause you pain?

Is your pain real or imagined, or supplanted by religion?

Alan

Honorary Master
So do you think there is nothing wrong with a person shagging a dead animal.

YES or NO

Debbie

Banned
So do you think there is nothing wrong with a person shagging a dead animal.

YES or NO
It depends on what you mean by 'wrong'. I am not being facetious here, I just really want to know what you intend to mean by the term....?