Sexy men have longer ring fingers

Cara

Expert Member
http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/article1035980.ece/Hands-up-if-you-think-youre-sexy

Men with long ring fingers are stronger and better looking than others - and that's a fact. He is likely to be more handsome, richer and stronger, and has a greater likelihood of playing a musical instrument. Sound like your kind of man? Unfortunately, Mr LRF also has a higher risk of ending up in prison, being murdered or going mad. Not perfect, I am sure you will agree. But he is still a better bet than a man whose index finger is the same length - or longer - than his ring finger. This poor creature is far more likely to be a wimp, unattractive and less inclined to have an affair. He also stands a better chance of being gay.

Not such great news for women with long ring fingers:

Women can also measure their own fingers and those of their female friends. Those with longer index friends are likely to be more feminine and maternal. Ms LRF is likely to display higher levels of aggression and probably enjoys greater professional success. She is also more likely to be gay.

It seems the length of your fingers are influence by exposure to testosterone in the womb, those exposed to more testosterone have longer ring fingers, great for men not so great for women.

Last edited:

MickeyD

RIP
/sees no replies

/wonders if everyone is trying to find a tape measure or ruler?

abzob

Honorary Master
Gay people might take offence to the " But he is still a better bet than a man whose index finger is the same length - or longer - than his ring finger"

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
/looks at hand

/looks in mirror

Well, wouldn't you know it? It's true. :D

The tip of my index finger lines up with the back edge of the nail on my ring finger. I'm schexy.

Valis

Expert Member
Oh bollocks! This is complete and utter nonsense. Sensationalist media trying to get hits :(

abzob

Honorary Master
Are you guys with the shorter ring fingers less interested in sports etc and other "manly" things? Just to see how accurate this is.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I thought everyone's ring fingers are longer than their index fingers?

Sysem

Expert Member
Are you guys with the shorter ring fingers less interested in sports etc and other "manly" things? Just to see how accurate this is.

I'm into sports. And women. And mine ring finger is shorter. So its inaccurate :)

Cara

Expert Member
Well then im entirely undesirable. sigh sigh. oh well....

Same here ... a woman with longer ring finger. Seems I'm supposed to be inclined to be more masculine but I'm a real wimp and love all things pink :D so don't know how accurate study is. Guess the researchers were working with huge sample groups and on the whole these findings panned out.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master

Let's see, I have longer ring fingers and shorter index fingers but I've never considered myself particularly more than average-looking and I'm gay. Not sure how much faith I'd put into this ^.^

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What's the verdict:

attachment.php

(excuse the claws, they are for plucking g-strings)

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Those look more like an excuse to end a date early :eek:. Cut them or colour them but goodlord are you sure you are gay?

Lolwut?

I need those nails to play guitar, why the **** would I colour them? :confused: :D

Am I sure I am gay? Say what? :confused: I wasn't gay last time I checked, fingers notwithstanding.