Sexy men have longer ring fingers

MickeyD

RIP
Back on topic - sort of!

ringfinger.jpg

MickeyD

RIP
British author John Manning has several interesting and unusual theories about what the size of your fingers may say about you.

The early growth of our ring finger is sensitive to levels of testosterone – the so-called “male hormone”, in the womb (as the testosterone receptors are more densely packed along the finger), and the longer our ring finger the more “masculine” we will turn out to be.

Of course, finger length is also dependent on body size, so we must compare the length of our ring finger with that of our index finger, since the index finger’s early growth is dependent on the “female hormone”, oestrogen.

The relative length of our ring and index fingers – our “finger ratio” – therefore speaks volumes about the balance of maleness and femaleness of our body and brain.

A long ring finger is not universal, but characteristic of men. A long index finger is found in many men, but overall it is characteristic of women as a group.

MegasXLR

Banned
British author John Manning has several interesting and unusual theories about what the size of your fingers may say about you.
he early growth of our ring finger is sensitive to levels of testosterone – the so-called “male hormone”, in the womb (as the testosterone receptors are more densely packed along the finger), and the longer our ring finger the more “masculine” we will turn out to be.

Of course, finger length is also dependent on body size, so we must compare the length of our ring finger with that of our index finger, since the index finger’s early growth is dependent on the “female hormone”, oestrogen.

The relative length of our ring and index fingers – our “finger ratio” – therefore speaks volumes about the balance of maleness and femaleness of our body and brain

A long ring finger is not universal, but characteristic of men. A long index finger is found in many men, but overall it is characteristic of women as a group.

OMG, so I may be gay or a transvest? :eek:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Mine is equal in length. Just as every good homosexual boys fingers should be! :)

Copa......please do something about those claws. I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight after seeing those. All I can think about now is Freddie Kruger dammit! lolz.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
PS: Took a pic to post here of my hand like Copa did...but my fingers look freakishly long. Tought best to rather leave it. hehe. Might scare you more than copa's claws haha.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Mine is equal in length. Just as every good homosexual boys fingers should be! :)

Copa......please do something about those claws. I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight after seeing those. All I can think about now is Freddie Kruger dammit! lolz.

Oh lol. :D

Flanders

Honorary Master

Now this pic I'm not so sure about. My ring finger is substantially longer than my index finger and yet I'd say that my literacy abilities far outweigh my numeracy abilities. Maybe this has more to do with the fact that I'm predominantly right-brained (ie. left-handed)?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Oh I forgot to mention. I was watching a doccie on Discovery a while ago. They were looking into potential causes of peopled being gay. They also investigated this finger thing....and it does seem that the majority (a rather large one) does have a shorter ring finger or equal to index finger. Was very interesting. I dont buy this whole thing of if your ring finger is longer than index finger then you are a hot straight male. Straight...yes...or at least very VERY likely.....hot.... debatable.

MickeyD

RIP
Now this pic I'm not so sure about. My ring finger is substantially longer than my index finger and yet I'd say that my literacy abilities far outweigh my numeracy abilities. Maybe this has more to do with the fact that I'm predominantly right-brained (ie. left-handed)?
Note that it is limited to pupils, not adults, according to John T. Manning.

Executive Member

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Whose g-strings are you plucking? :p

We'll let oc comment on the size...

Does that make me a good homosexual boy as well? :p

No...it makes you a biker dyke from mars! hehehehehe

Kidding.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
We'll let oc comment on the size...
p

I cant. There is nothing to give me a sense of scale in the photo. Wait...I know....Copa...whip out your baby maker and hold next to it....that should give me a idea! lolz

Anyway...I prefer to look at a man's feet, not his hands. :)