Shaik suffered stroke

antowan

Honorary Master
Haven't read the article, but I can guess the man's plan. I believe there is some reprieve in sentence to criminals suffering serious illness in jail. I suspect our man Shaik is playing the system...

This says it all when it comes to his character:

A South African of Indian origin, Shaik studied electrical engineering at the M.L. Sultan Technikon, but was caught cheating in a High Voltage Engineering T5 exam on 28 May 1990 and was barred for 12 months. He claimed to have obtained a master's degree, but no record of this was found at the Technikon; he later admitted he did not earn the qualification.
- Taken from Wikipedia...

Last edited:

BTTB

Haven't read the article, but I can guess the man's plan. I believe there is some reprieve in sentence to criminals suffering serious illness in jail. I suspect our man Shaik is playing the system...

This says it all when it comes to his character:

- Taken from Wikipedia...

Good post Antowan.
The timing of the "stroke" was all too convenient.
Here is Zapiro's cartoon on the matter from today's Sunday Times.

kilo39

Executive Member
Ya, and Yengeni is on hunger strike. :D

But then if I was being fed phutu and cabbage I'd probably also be.

Initially, Shaik was treated for hypertension (high blood pressure) at Qalakabusha - to which he had been transferred from Westville Prison on November 9, when he started serving his 15-year sentence for corruption and fraud.

So Shaik hasn't spent a day in prison?

Shaik has stroke; Yengeni on hunger strike Dec 03 06

MyDraadloos

Expert Member
I don't believe this ......... our justice system is a joke.

Shaik gets free medical for a heartburn and Yengeni is having a flashback to boarding school life. (Go to school during the week and home for the weekends.)

LCBXX

Honorary Master
As absurd as it may seem, think for a second why poor Shabir got his stroke. He was leading the high life, riding the Gravy trains' executive compartment.

Now he lives in a 4x2 cell with a dodgy mattress and recycled 1-ply toilet paper, with inmates eying his backside every time he drops the Lifebuoy Soap. That would explain why Yengeni is on a hunger strike - it probably hurts to poop! :D

jontyB

Expert Member
As absurd as it may seem, think for a second why poor Shabir got his stroke. He was leading the high life, riding the Gravy trains' executive compartment.

Now he lives in a 4x2 cell with a dodgy mattress and recycled 1-ply toilet paper, with inmates eying his backside every time he drops the Lifebuoy Soap. That would explain why Yengeni is on a hunger strike - it probably hurts to poop! :D

Not quite. Shaik spent the majority of his time in the hospital wing. He now bides his time in a private hospital.