Shelly Smart Home Products!

powermzii

Expert Member
With the exception of the `Switches` card, everything here is Shelly entities.

View attachment 1041253

8x Shelly 2.5
3x Shelly Dimmer
2x Shelly Dimmer 2
Bunch of Shelly1s
How do you find them in terms of keeping connected to the network etc? I've been noticing my Sonoffs dropping off the network randomly / becoming non-responsive and then coming back online just as randomly as well - am working to sort out the network side but it may also be a device issue

Tinuva

The Magician
How do you find them in terms of keeping connected to the network etc? I've been noticing my Sonoffs dropping off the network randomly / becoming non-responsive and then coming back online just as randomly as well - am working to sort out the network side but it may also be a device issue
They drop off when my home assistant automatically upgrade their firmware :ROFL:

Other than that, I find they generally stay connected most of the time with no issues. No delays when using them etc either. I did have 1x shelly I thought had real bad issues, like I couldnt even connect to it, standing directly next to it after installing it. However after one of the automatic updates...it seems fine now. So who knows :rolleyes:

That said, I currently have 2x Unifi AP-AC-LR access points which covers 75% of my property. For the remaining 25% I need another 2x of them and well budgets currently spent elsewhere as I do not have wifi issues that annoys me.

powermzii

Expert Member
They drop off when my home assistant automatically upgrade their firmware :ROFL:

Other than that, I find they generally stay connected most of the time with no issues. No delays when using them etc either. I did have 1x shelly I thought had real bad issues, like I couldnt even connect to it, standing directly next to it after installing it. However after one of the automatic updates...it seems fine now. So who knows :rolleyes:

That said, I currently have 2x Unifi AP-AC-LR access points which covers 75% of my property. For the remaining 25% I need another 2x of them and well budgets currently spent elsewhere as I do not have wifi issues that annoys me.
Yeah - i'm deploying Unifi APs this month to sort out my network issues (as well as reconfigure) so hopefully that should help with the disconnects.

ebendl

Expert Member

Are you running stock firmware on the Sonoffs? Or Tasmota?

I had a couple of Shelly's that would lose connection and at some point no longer reconnect unless power cycled. Flashed tasmota on them and rock solid now.

Tinuva

The Magician

I had a couple of Shelly's that would lose connection and at some point no longer reconnect unless power cycled. Flashed tasmota on them and rock solid now.
Mine is solid on stock firmware.

powermzii

Expert Member

Running stock on the Sonoffs

If the network revamp doesn't help then I'll look at Tasmotising them

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
We’re happy announce that the following products are all certified and available to purchase locally! For more info, please browse https://shellysa.co.za/

All Shelly are compatible with MQTT, Home Assistant, OpenHAB, REST API and others out the box . Additionally Shelly are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Android and iOS

Attachments

• Shelly.png
    Shelly.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 47

mjwitter

We’re happy announce that the following products are all certified and available to purchase locally! For more info, please browse https://shellysa.co.za/

All Shelly are compatible with MQTT, Home Assistant, OpenHAB, REST API and others out the box . Additionally Shelly are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Android and iOS

Any idea when the Shelly 1L will make it through the certification process?

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
Any idea when the Shelly 1L will make it through the certification process?

The Shelly 1L, Shelly Dimmer 2, Shelly EM and Shelly 2.5 all have ICASA certification - however, each has been submitted to NRCS for an LOA as well, as the relays connect direct to mains. Each was submitted in January and we were hoping that all would be complete by April - but there appears to be a discrepancy on accepted standards causing a delay.

The good news is that as soon as approval is complete, it takes only 2 weeks to get the units into our warehouse for resell.

rafiqs

I do like the Shelly products, but wish they had Homekit integration.
There is an unofficial Mongoose OS based firmware with Homekit support available. Check out https://github.com/mongoose-os-apps/shelly-homekit

The process to update the firmware is ridiculously simple and it takes just a few minutes to update.

I'm currently using this with two Shelly 1's that are operating my garage doors and it has been solid. Highly recommend it!

neoprema

Executive Member
There is an unofficial Mongoose OS based firmware with Homekit support available. Check out https://github.com/mongoose-os-apps/shelly-homekit

The process to update the firmware is ridiculously simple and it takes just a few minutes to update.

I'm currently using this with two Shelly 1's that are operating my garage doors and it has been solid. Highly recommend it!
Hi,

How did you set it up? I bought a Shelly1 and flashed it with the above but the problem i had was;
1. Siri doesn't know if the door is open or closed;
2. It never connected to the cloud so I could not check status over the Net. Or is that what the Hub (homepod/apple tv) should be doing?

rafiqs

Hi,

How did you set it up? I bought a Shelly1 and flashed it with the above but the problem i had was;
1. Siri doesn't know if the door is open or closed;
2. It never connected to the cloud so I could not check status over the Net. Or is that what the Hub (homepod/apple tv) should be doing?

1 - For open/closed status of garage door you will need to use a reed switch (magnetic contacts) like this https://www.geewiz.co.za/categories/38679-magnetic-mc07-contacts-no-white.html. I have them aligned at the point the door is closed but it will also work if you align it at the point that the door is open. Check here for a wiring diagram.

2 - The homekit firmware replaces the shelly firmware and doesn't connect to the cloud. To have cloud access to it you will need a Homekit hub like you mention, either Apple TV, Homepod or stay-at-home iPad.

staxza

I am using a Shelly 1 to integrate my Centurion D5 Evo to my home automation.

So far so good. I can power the Shelly from the 12V output on the D5 and I can trigger the gate open from the Shelly App.

Now I want to sense the open closed state of the gate and this can easily be done with a reed switch connected to the gate (not sure where to place it yet and I might need a heavy duty door contact) and then to the SW input on the Shelly

.....but I would rather want to connect to an output on the D5 board. So far I know that the status light puts out a 5V to drive an external LED but could not get it to work.

Can you configure the Aux IO to do this and what would the setup in the menu be? Just note there is no IR beams connected to the gate

killerbyte

Expert Member
I am using a Shelly 1 to integrate my Centurion D5 Evo to my home automation.

So far so good. I can power the Shelly from the 12V output on the D5 and I can trigger the gate open from the Shelly App.

Now I want to sense the open closed state of the gate and this can easily be done with a reed switch connected to the gate (not sure where to place it yet and I might need a heavy duty door contact) and then to the SW input on the Shelly

.....but I would rather want to connect to an output on the D5 board. So far I know that the status light puts out a 5V to drive an external LED but could not get it to work.

Can you configure the Aux IO to do this and what would the setup in the menu be? Just note there is no IR beams connected to the gate
If you use a reed switch I would suggest right by the motor when the gate is in the closed position. So when the gate opens just a bit then the Shelly app will show the indicator light.

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
Nology adds even more Shelly home automation products to our portfolio, including the Shelly Dimmer 2 (requiring no neutral) and the dual channel Shelly 2.5. For more information, please visit www.shellysa.co.za.

Shelly - one of the fastest growing IoT brands in the world - has over 3,000,000 devices installed in over 100 countries. All Shelly devices are compatible with MQTT, Home Assistant and REST API. Additionally Shelly devices are compatible with voice assistants such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa.

MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

Dolby

Honorary Master
Can't wait until this is in ... set to local (not using the cloud) and pretty damn fast.

Reezo

Hi
Any news on when the Shelly 1L will be available ?
also i have a3 gang light switch...how many 1L's would i need ?