Shilowa, Shapiro, Brown, Steenhuisen: Ramaphosa must fire Cele and Dlodlo

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Ramaphosa must fire Cele and Dlodlo for failing to keep South Africans safe

President Cyril Ramaphosa acknowledged that government was poorly prepared to deal with the public violence, destruction, and sabotage that hit KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

“We must admit that we did not have the capabilities and plans in place to respond swiftly and decisively,” Ramaphosa told the nation last week.

Beri

Expert Member
And how do you think that they could have prevented this? Criticism does not help if you don’t have a solution. The DA has no voice, the ANC is there to steal as much as possible. This is the future of SA. Get use to it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
And how do you think that they could have prevented this? Criticism does not help if you don’t have a solution. The DA has no voice, the ANC is there to steal as much as possible. This is the future of SA. Get use to it.

Had the acted on the intelligence that was supposedly available to them days before this, things could have been done... people arrested etc.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Will you guys vote for me if I had to change horses, become the token in the place of Carl. I'll make a very good minister of police. :whistling:

Joking, but many good people in the cops were side-lined for political agendas. It saw a mass exodus of years of skills, skills that started as feet on the ground. I was listening to Cele, did a mental facepalm: "That thing they call the social media". No wonder our cyber is in a worse state than our physical world.

There are many good candidates as ministers of police and defense, but unfortunately they're not political creatures, they have morals.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Wow, can't believe for once I am in agreement with Steenhuisen.

Dlodlo, for me, is a huge stumbling block, she should be the first one to go and 2 minutes later followed by Cele.
The obvious is obvious self-evident. We've heard some cringe-worthy speeches the past week.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
Whilst I understand that the cabinet positions are used as a reward for loyalty / a perk for senior ANC members. How awesome would it be to have people in those positions who had a frikken clue? Like, have someone who has been a teacher for 30 years as the minister of basic education. A career military person as minister of the army or whatever it's called now. Imagine the growth that this country could achieve in that situation.

3WA

Honorary Master
The pool for selecting ministers is quite limited - with few exceptions, they have to be MPs. So can anyone name an ANC MP that is going to do the Police Minister job better than Bheki Cele?

We can be very optimistic and think that Ramaphosa will consider MPs outside the ANC, but we know that’s not really gonna happen for these positions at this time.

R13...

Honorary Master
It's not like everyone didn't know that our law enforcement, military and intelligence services have been useless for a long time. Zuma crippled them further but they were useless even before he arrived to wreck them for all. We know this, the ANC knows this. The insurgents knew this. No political to sort them out. Mostly because of political considerations. We're sitting ducks.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Lol.. Like the ANC ever fire someone due to incompetence. If someone was competent in the ANC, the rest would look bad.

And School teacher Hat can only flex his muscle on the innocent beach tanning peeps... that is where he shines.