Shipping company emigrates because of Home Affairs

ajak

Expert Member
Jack Gerber is not a guy you want to screw with, believe me. But good for them, let this be a lesson, which I doubt Home Affairs will heed.
More to follow soon,wait and see.

Vio

Expert Member
ignacio said:
Home Affairs is another disaster of department, second only to Communications. Both ministers should be fired immediately.
Don't forget our Health Minister Dr Garlic

JStrike

Honorary Master
As oppsed to the DoC, at least Home Affairs admits it's in a mess. Which is a good start. Now if they could just sort it out speedily

Hastur

Typical attitude of the sa gvt. throw away foreign expertise and money because we're just way to incompetent to do anything and then bitch to the world that we're so poor and need foreign investment. catch a wake up and employ people who can do the job and if you cant do that then take away the fat bonuses you pay these idiots and drop their salaries off the gravy train and to a level that is dictated by how well the bumble along

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Yip, this department is in a mess.

- Getting a passport takes between 6 - 8 months
- It runs out of paper
- As in every other department, there is corruption, incompotence and general "I don't care attitude"

reech

Expert Member
Yep - to compare - it took my son a week to get his NZ passport in London - it took 5 months to get his South African passport.

andres101

Expert Member
Moneyweb attempted to get in touch with the director general of Home Affairs, Mr MJ Maqetuka, but after 15 minutes of holding the line, did not get through. Eventually we reached the deputy spokesperson, who instructed us to phone again in five minutes. This article has been faxed and e-mailed to the Department for a response.
And as usual, no response from gvt.

neio

Banned
/off topic
I wonder if the Minister of Home Affairs responded to the court order to reveal the location of the Pakistani guy who got deported last year via the CIA's speed courier service.
Back to Topic

JStrike

Honorary Master
Hastur : When did we claim we were so poor and needed foreign investment? (Which incedentally, every country need)

neio

Banned
Everytime Mr Mbeki goes to the UK to ask for aid from the British goverment.

If memory serves this happened 3 weeks ago.

JStrike

Honorary Master
neio : Are you are talking about Pres. Mbeki getting the UK involved with ICF?

That is for Africa, not SA. We need to sort out africa, firstly as they are our neighbours, secondly as it promises great rewards for SA business. But we cannot do it alone, and need the international community to join in our efforts

neio

Banned
Mr Mbeki does not represent Africa, he represents SA, he specifically asked for aid to help relieve the financial stress of people leaving SA as soon as they finished with University.

JStrike

Honorary Master
neio : Read the article again. That was a joke about how they are poaching our graduates

Whilst he does represent SA, part of that involves making sure the rest of Africa thrives

neio

Banned
He and Dlamini seemed pretty serious when they discussed this with Blair and co.

JStrike

Honorary Master
No, they were discussing the ICF. This was brought up as a joke during a media event