Ships are starting to bypass SA ports as Transnet tells customers and staff of ‘sabotage’

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Sabotage? Another third force?

And still they can't admit that it's their fault.
pretty much:
disruptions caused by a cyber attack five days ago
as if they even have enough modernised systems online to even be a target for any sort of cyber attack

sounds very much like a scapegoat for pure incompetence, like that "bolt" in Koeberg's reactor years ago ... sabotage / cyber attack se moer

TooFastTim

Expert Member
This country is sliding into the abyss at an alarming rate.

Seems like it. I would have thought Ramaphosa having the testicular fortitude to stand-up to Zuma and the RET mob might have turned it around (there had been some/few encouraging and excruciatingly slow signs prior to Zumas jail walk) but it appears that SA has passed the tipping point. Whenever that tipping point may have occurred.

From now on, I'll bet, that it doesn't matter what Ramaphosa does it'll make not a gnats pube of a difference. It's all downhill from here.

TooFastTim

Expert Member

RW Johnson says SA or more appropriately Ramaphosa has reached his Rubicon, Like Botha many moons before.

I have a lot of time for RW but I reckon this IMF bail out is cloud cuckoo land. First the ANC have taken IMF loans and squandered them (Covid relief) and there's the Zim precedent where they took a loan and then told the IMF to go and f^&k themselves.

TooFastTim

Expert Member
SA is on a precipice now and only a massive shakeup in government is going to save this country. This country is literally standing on a cliff struggling for footing. It has all caught up.

Like bankruptcy (an apt analogy) at first it happens very slowly then it all happens suddenly. I reckon that tipping point is long past.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
pretty much:

as if they even have enough modernised systems online to even be a target for any sort of cyber attack

sounds very much like a scapegoat for pure incompetence, like that "bolt" in Koeberg's reactor years ago ... sabotage / cyber attack se moer
Actually the system responsible for sorting the containers as they enter and leave the port and loaded / offloaded in the stacks is very very complex.

TooFastTim

Expert Member
Actually the system responsible for sorting the containers as they enter and leave the port and loaded / offloaded in the stacks is very very complex.
Yes. Anybody with a brain can figure this out.

Having friends who graduated from Bothies and gone on to Master vessels I've had my time to think about it. And it ain't a simple problem.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Yet the Maersk crew did exactly that while Maersk was crippled by NotPetya.

I think Transnet will not rise to that challenge, they'll rather admit defeat and blame somebody else conveniently.

Oh, by the way, Maersk combined is larger than the port of Durban, and more complex.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Yet the Maersk crew did exactly that while Maersk was crippled by NotPetya.

I think Transnet will not rise to that challenge, they'll rather admit defeat and blame somebody else conveniently.

Oh, by the way, Maersk combined is larger than the port of Durban, and more complex.
Just going to leave this here.