Shocking Afrihost Support

Dangerboy33

Hi,

So just before lockdown started, i moved from my 1st Floor unit to a downstairs unit in the same complex, actually the unit that was directly below.

Now since April, i have been trying to cancel my Fibre in my previous unit as per the Afrihost requirements and have the new fibre installed in my new unit. Its 8 weeks now and nobody at Afrihost is getting back to me.

I have been with Afrihost since Aug/Sep 2019, but this kind of LACK OF SERVICE is appaling.

Regards

Deon

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hey I can help you?

Cancellation can be eaily done in clienzone. Simply click the package and click edit package and click cancel. It will schedule a cancellation.

Dangerboy33

I have cancelled and tried to get the new installation done. Its not the cancellation process, i just need fibre to be installed in the unit i am staying at now. There is a CPE already installed

Aghori

Honorary Master
Be a bit creative. Re-route the fibre down to your new flat on your own.

Dangerboy33

Between a two year old daughter and 5 month old Husky, i barely have time for my actual work.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have cancelled and tried to get the new installation done. Its not the cancellation process, i just need fibre to be installed in the unit i am staying at now. There is a CPE already installed

Did you place a migrate in order? IF the CPE was already there before you moved in then it's a migrate in order.

carelvdm

I've just been a victim of Afrihost's poor service as well. Ordered Pure DSL package. Openserve came to do their thing. Line is active. On Clientzone it shows active but I have no Internet. This has been going on for 3 days and the agents at Afrihost just tell me to change my password and reboot my router. I've done that 100 times now. Then they escalate to the dev department. Then I hear nothing. Then I follow up and hear that the dev department says it's my router settings. Then we go through the whole process again of resetting password etc. Then I ask for supervisor. I was told supervisor will call me... Nothing... Agent gives me his email address to make sure my query gets resolved. No reply on emails.... Utterly disappointed... I've been a loyal Afrihost customer for years... Not anymore...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I've just been a victim of Afrihost's poor service as well. Ordered Pure DSL package. Openserve came to do their thing. Line is active. On Clientzone it shows active but I have no Internet. This has been going on for 3 days and the agents at Afrihost just tell me to change my password and reboot my router. I've done that 100 times now. Then they escalate to the dev department. Then I hear nothing. Then I follow up and hear that the dev department says it's my router settings. Then we go through the whole process again of resetting password etc. Then I ask for supervisor. I was told supervisor will call me... Nothing... Agent gives me his email address to make sure my query gets resolved. No reply on emails.... Utterly disappointed... I've been a loyal Afrihost customer for years... Not anymore...

Hey Carelvdm,

So once and order is placed that order is attached to your pending service at Afrihost and our system keeps track of it. So an install might complete today for example but the order is still open and pending on Openserve side. Once that order is closed as completed our system triggers activation and billing starts. It's designed this way to prevent premature billing when installation has not completed yet. I know it takes about 1 to 2 days after installation is done for the order to be completed.

I hope this clarifies the delay. I can take a look for you if you want just pm me your email address. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience. I will be around a lot more now so hope we can exceed your expectations when it comes to service. ;)

rambo919

Honorary Master
Had that too, you have to goto clientzone and select the pureadsl line that's probably still saying "pending" and do a password reset, then you use that new password and login and presto suddenly you have internet again.... I can't understand why afrihost don't email people the new DSL login details but hope this helps.

Perhaps the same thing happened with you where the openserve tech replaced your line on the exchange end instead of installing a second one and that caused the mixup.

Id wager you also got a surprise free router?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Had that too, you have to goto clientzone and select the pureadsl line that's probably still saying "pending" and do a password reset, then you use that new password and login and presto suddenly you have internet again.... I can't understand why afrihost don't email people the new DSL login details but hope this helps.

Perhaps the same thing happened with you where the openserve tech replaced your line on the exchange end instead of installing a second one and that caused the mixup.

Id wager you also got a surprise free router?

Hi Rambo919,

So the issue is that the whole Pure DSL order and completion is a manual process at the moment. We need to trigger the events on our side. The api should be able to do all this in the near future.

Once we have triggered the installed process the system automatically sends an email that contains the pppoe details.