Shocking Webafrica Service - Who to migrate to?

SPX83

I have been with Webafrica for many years now and it is so sad to see a companies service deteriorate so badly. I had fibre installed 3 months ago (Vuma). As of last Tuesday, it just stopped working. After repeated attempts to figure out whats wrong, think it was the 3rd time I contacted them as they didn't know what was wrong. Finally found somebody who seemed to know what was going on and informed me that my line needs to be re-provisioned.

So I thought great, but only their "operations team" can do it. So having tried countless times, and been transferred through every time. The whatsapp chat just gets closed and a "call back" is promised. Well to this day I have had no call backs (possibly contacted then about 8 times now), I have attempted every day to try and get this sorted with the same result. It has been nearly a week now without fiber, paying R1399 a month for something I cannot use and Webafrica just don't get back to you to fix it. I am over Webafrica now and need to move.

So the question is. Who is the next best provider to "transfer" my service too and who can deal with Webafrica to get this moved (I am based in East London). Can only imagine what a pain it will be to actually get this transferred now. I am using LTE now and costing a small fortune. So I cannot just keep waiting for Webafrica to come to the party, which at this moment I don't think they will ever.

kashka71

Cool Ideas are OK - busy moving to them from webafrica purely as a result of webafrica making me use their whatsapp support ****.

SPX83

Cool Ideas are OK - busy moving to them from webafrica purely as a result of webafrica making me use their whatsapp support ****.
And how has the process been? I unfortuantly have only had my fibre line for 3 months. So there are going to be cancellation fees etc involved. And assume would need to give 30 days notice to cancel.

kashka71

And how has the process been? I unfortuantly have only had my fibre line for 3 months. So there are going to be cancellation fees etc involved. And assume would need to give 30 days notice to cancel.
I cancelled in December and had to wait for the end of Jan. The issues I'm having now are as a result of Vumatel.

SPX83

Well if I have to give 30 days notice, I might as well just downgrade my account to cheapest package. I assume webafrica wont release the line until the cancellation period is up?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I cancelled in December and had to wait for the end of Jan. The issues I'm having now are as a result of Vumatel.
Have you send me your ref number so I can investigate for you?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Well if I have to give 30 days notice, I might as well just downgrade my account to cheapest package. I assume webafrica wont release the line until the cancellation period is up?
It's possible they will if you pay for the notice period, not ideal.

SPX83

It's possible they will if you pay for the notice period, not ideal.
Well if they dont fix it, not going to have internet access anyways. So better off just paying it and moving to a provider who can actually give me internet access. I cant wait till April to have internet again. I dont know what other avenue to go with these okes because you can only chat to them on whatsapp and they are useless.

kashka71

Have you got a router from them? They'll claw back the pro-rated amount for that as well. their claw back department works very well.

SPX83

Have you got a router from them? They'll claw back the pro-rated amount for that as well. their claw back department works very well.
Yip got one of their routers, which is a piece of rubbish. Used my own router. They can happily take it back. I am sure that is the only department of theirs that works well. With the usless service, am sure they must have more cancellations than installations.

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
I have been with Webafrica for many years now and it is so sad to see a companies service deteriorate so badly. I had fibre installed 3 months ago (Vuma). As of last Tuesday, it just stopped working. After repeated attempts to figure out whats wrong, think it was the 3rd time I contacted them as they didn't know what was wrong. Finally found somebody who seemed to know what was going on and informed me that my line needs to be re-provisioned.

So I thought great, but only their "operations team" can do it. So having tried countless times, and been transferred through every time. The whatsapp chat just gets closed and a "call back" is promised. Well to this day I have had no call backs (possibly contacted then about 8 times now), I have attempted every day to try and get this sorted with the same result. It has been nearly a week now without fiber, paying R1399 a month for something I cannot use and Webafrica just don't get back to you to fix it. I am over Webafrica now and need to move.

So the question is. Who is the next best provider to "transfer" my service too and who can deal with Webafrica to get this moved (I am based in East London). Can only imagine what a pain it will be to actually get this transferred now. I am using LTE now and costing a small fortune. So I cannot just keep waiting for Webafrica to come to the party, which at this moment I don't think they will ever.
Hi there, we are really sorry to hear about this experience and are keen to assist with no further delays. Please confirm your profile details with us via DM - so we may further investigate and get you the support you need asap

SPX83

So just an update.. Still battling with Webafrica. Sent @WebAfrica Helper a DM and has no responded yet. Contacted them every day again and still waiting to get a transfer through to the Operations team. Apparently the line was cancelled on Vumatel's side and needs to be reactivated. What an aboslute joke. Over a R1000 later on LTE data and no Fibre service for over a week. Do I get reimbursed for the down time? As I am paying for a service I am not getting and was not my fault? Very much doubt it..