Shocking Webafrica Service - Who to migrate to?

SPX83

Well I am still without Fibre.. A ticket has been logged with Vumatel now on Monday night when I got hold of them. Had one of their Agents phone me on Monday afternoon. But needed photos of my serial device on my ONT device. Which unfortuantly I was at work, so didnt have it on me. So lets see. Apparently Vumatel suppose to resolve issues within 3 days. And apparently Webafrica will reimburse me for the days without service, so lets see.

lancon

Ok. Fibre down for 2 days. Yesterday after work tried to contact them and the only way it seems is whatsapp.

Nothing yesterday. At 7 this morning got a reply but now I am at work.
After explaining the problem I was told the following :
"*Yolanda M*: The IP address expired, you will kindly need to switch off both devices for about 15 minutes for the lease to be activated".

Did this a few times and ......... nothing.
Been trying since 6 this evening get any type of response.
support@webafrica.co.za does not get delivered.
Whatsapp - nothing.

Conclusion?? Jumping ship.

/off to start looking for a new isp.

KinsZA

Expert Member
I'll recommend Afrihost,

CISP are fine until you need support, got a friend trying to get a issue resolved for past weeks now

Been following the support steps he's been going through and I have no idea how he hasn't left by now but it's really looking like the only option.

Edit:
Honestly your first line of support is bad for pretty much everyone if its anything complex, but when you looking at a problem that's been around for a long time it should've been escalated and fixed.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I'll recommend Afrihost,

CISP are fine until you need support, got a friend trying to get a issue resolved for past weeks now

Been following the support steps he's been going through and I have no idea how he hasn't left by now but it's really looking like the only option.

Edit:
Honestly your first line of support is bad for pretty much everyone if its anything complex, but when you looking at a problem that's been around for a long time it should've been escalated and fixed.
Do you have your friends support ref for me?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Well I am still without Fibre.. A ticket has been logged with Vumatel now on Monday night when I got hold of them. Had one of their Agents phone me on Monday afternoon. But needed photos of my serial device on my ONT device. Which unfortuantly I was at work, so didnt have it on me. So lets see. Apparently Vumatel suppose to resolve issues within 3 days. And apparently Webafrica will reimburse me for the days without service, so lets see.
Cut their cables. Ask @jeevadotnet to lend you his bolt-cutters

jeevadotnet

Bolt cutters are always a must. They pay themselves back in no time with all the locks you cut for parking clamps. One in the boot & one in the house.

Secondary role for it also gets an A++ review, especially when someone jumps over the wall.

divv

They used that excuse on one of last year's random price increases.

Yesterday's random price increase was also Vumatel but hilariously also positioned as a service upgrade, note there was no opt-in for this 'upgrade' and c6% price increase:

We have some good news to share:
We are upgrading your service to Vuma Core Uncapped 20/20 Mbps from 1 April 2021.

Therefore, your April invoice (available from 27 March on your Customer Zone) will reflect a R50 increase.
The message I got from them said I was being moved to a "10/1" package - either it is a horrendously bad mistake on their part to be saying the upload speed will be "1" instead of "10" - OR its actually a downgrade for me (but with R100 increase in price)

Last edited:

Iceman360

Also looking for a new ISP.

Used to love Afrihost but cancelled my fibre line with them a few days ago. Service just isn't there anymore and also waiting a full month for a refund is ridiculous. Cool Ideas looks promising but not sure.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Used to love Afrihost but cancelled my fibre line with them a few days ago. Service just isn't there anymore and also waiting a full month for a refund is ridiculous. Cool Ideas looks promising but not sure.
Unsure?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I'm sorry for the bad experience you had with us with regards to your fibre order.

Unfortunately your complex is not live yet and the order placed is on "Awaiting Network Completion" status. I have emailed Vumatel to cancel the order as requested and I'm pushing the accounts team to process the refund asap.

Once again apologies for the bad service you received.

@pinball wizard Might be able to assist with an ETA on when the Vuma Village rollout will go live.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I'm sorry for the bad experience you had with us with regards to your fibre order.

Unfortunately your complex is not live yet and the order placed is on "Awaiting Network Completion" status. I have emailed Vumatel to cancel the order as requested and I'm pushing the accounts team to process the refund asap.

Once again apologies for the bad service you received.

@pinball wizard Might be able to assist with an ETA on when the Vuma Village rollout will go live.
I don't see the complex name in the thread? PM me and I can check.

Iceman360

Applied online after enquiring with PBCool through pm as to whether my complex was covered. Didn't really get a difinitive answer.

Had a to pay the sign up fee even though their website said I was covered only too receive an email to say that it wasn't. Now waiting for another refund.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Applied online after enquiring with PBCool through pm as to whether my complex was covered. Didn't really get a difinitive answer.

Had a to pay the sign up fee even though their website said I was covered only too receive an email to say that it wasn't. Now waiting for another refund.
I am busy investigating that for you

divv

Interesting quote from this MyBB article: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/fibr...-prices-under-fire.html?utm_source=newsletter

"The operator was planning to hike prices at the beginning of 2020 but suspended this plan following the state of disaster and national lockdown.

This price freeze will remain in effect until such time as the Disaster Management Act is halted. After that Vumatel is free to implement its previously planned price increases." (bolding mine)

If the price hikes are frozen until the Disaster Management Act is halted, then WA is LYING TO US because they said the price hike comes from Vumatel.

kitkat+

I'd love for BusinessTech or MyBB to do a short factual indictment of WebAfrica's utter failure to provide basic service management or any real aftersales support. This would really help any future victims when selecting a provider.

There is a litany of complaints on this forum and other sources.
This will never happen. They somehow protect WA and it's been happening for years. I have been with WA since 2004 if I recall.

Bicboi

I absolutely detest their Whatsapp support feature. I guess I am too old school and like to talk to someone about my problems...
The problem is they use their telephony/WFM tools to route whatsapp chats or the agent is busy with many chats at a time. You need a dedicated agent for chat. And hope the client is also responsive.

Bicboi

The problem is they use their telephony/WFM tools to route whatsapp chats or the agent is busy with many chats at a time. You need a dedicated agent for chat. And hope the client is also responsive.

This a general comment and not Webafrica specific.