Shooting at car dealer

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
So, dealers are known to do that with models they know are going to be in high demand, however they sell them as used, not new.
Figured as much. I cant imagine anyone buying a merc from a non merc dealer and believing it's a new vehicle. Especially a car like this.. How do you get to a point where you afford this and not realise it cant be "new".

sand_man

Honorary Master
I've got a nose for a s hit deal and have been had many times by unscrupulous used car dealers! Hate to say it but I can so relate to the buyers predicament! Just never had the balls (or the stupidity) to take it that far....

asshat99

Expert Member
No other a way a black man can have money to buy a G class?
Jealousy from the "I can only afford a polo and everyone else who is more financially successful than me must be a criminal" crowd.

Stick to reputable dealers, not slumou delaerships who are looking for a quicker bang for buck.
Yeah, cos this totally looks like a slumou dealership right! Only ABSA top exec dealer for 10 years. Around for 40 years. Top 50 for 29 years and an even longer history in motor sport. Totally a fly by night operation. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Suspect99

Executive Member
Figured as much. I cant imagine anyone buying a merc from a non merc dealer and believing it's a new vehicle. Especially a car like this.. How do you get to a point where you afford this and not realise it cant be "new".
Just note that the article doesn't say anything like that. It says that the reason is under investigation. OP added the bit about new/vs used on his own

Jchan11hk

I have heard that the circled individual is not the suspect, is that right? Or they just try to calm things down.

Mar Vin

Well....1st time I've heard of a brand new car being sold at a dealer....what a wow...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
To be fair, I bought a vehicle from the oldest Toyota dealership in South Africa. I paid extra for the peace of mind knowing that it was from a reputable dealer.

When they delivered the vehicle to me I noticed that the engine number on the engine itself didn't match the paperwork. This got me investigating and I quickly discovered that the engine came from a 1998 vehicle (sold to me as 2012) that had been written off, the chassis and body came from two different vehicles (chassis came from a salvage yard out of a vehicle that had rolled over), and the body was therefore completely unidentifiable as all the VIN plates had been removed.

I got my lawyer involved and got a refund.
I've only been screwed over by big dealers, Barons (badlly damaged accident vehicle) and McCarthy (two years ago, CPA doesn't apply to them - as per the managers email).

EDIT: Forgot Kia - sold me a vehicle with locknuts and no key - discovered this when my wife got a flat.

airborne

Executive Member
Very common for dealers like this to buy new models in high demand and immediately resell them as essentially brand new, often happens with popular models from VW like the GTI.

Maybe in this incident the car was supposed to be "brand new" second-hand but instead the dealer had taken a mint vehicle with a good few miles on the clock and had the mileage turned back.

On most modern vehicles with the right diagnostics interface you can change the dash mileage to what ever mileage you want but the ECU's still stores the actual mileage since the vehicle rolled off the factory floor, that can't be changed. If you have the correct diagnostic interface and know where to look and you suspect tampering you can correlate the dash and ecu mileage, if they don't match you know the vehicle has had a haircut.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
You can make a living off screwing people over and never face the consequences because of the docile nature of the majority of people. But, you may just screw over that one guy who won't take it.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
ive always felt that car dealerships owned by slum ous are dodgy AF.Need to be very careful as they will pull a blind one on you ;)
Slum ous ?

You were the one talking all big in the other thread how I’m not a “petrolhead” , but “you” don’t know who Farouk Dangor is?

You should really lick your lips often and taste that shyte .

The_Traveller

Expert Member
You can make a living off screwing people over and never face the consequences because of the docile nature of the majority of people. But, you may just screw over that one guy who won't take it.
That’s not fair at all.

When I had a showroom back in 2010, I told my buyer the problems with a specific Mini Cooper (auction vehicle) and before I sell it, it needs to go in for extensive diagnostics to BMW.

The buyer said he doesn’t care and wants to buy it.

After a month he wanted to kill me for selling the vehicle to him in that condition. That’s when I left the car sales business. It wasn’t my primary source of income, just another hobby, but there are others out there that depend on it.

As much as you are correct, there are shady dealerships out there, you can’t paint all of them with the same brush.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
That’s not fair at all.

When I had a showroom back in 2010, I told my buyer the problems with a specific Mini Cooper (auction vehicle) and before I sell it, it needs to go in for extensive diagnostics to BMW.

The buyer said he doesn’t care and wants to buy it.

After a month he wanted to kill me for selling the vehicle to him in that condition. That’s when I left the car sales business. It wasn’t my primary source of income, just another hobby, but there are others out there that depend on it.

As much as you are correct, there are shady dealerships out there, you can’t paint all of them with the same brush.
Yes I can. I have never interacted with anybody in the car sales industry who isnt lying scum. Same paint brush as lawyers, estate agents and electricians. You got out. Because obviously you are not that type. Anybody who is in, and remains in, is scum.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Yes I can. I have never interacted with anybody in the car sales industry who isnt lying scum. Same paint brush as lawyers, estate agents and electricians. You got out. Because obviously you are not that type. Anybody who is in, and remains in, is scum.
if you want to know a persons true nature, you either marry them or do business with them.

If you didn’t do any of the two with Speedy, just remain silent.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Didn't know Dodge made Evo's
Technically at one stage they did. They had a company named Eagle which built the Eagle Talon, essentially a Mitsubishi Eclipse which had the same engine as the EVo, but tuned differently and AWD