Shooting at Menlyn Maine - 2 Dec 2019

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Fatal shooting at Menlyn Maine - 2 Dec 2019

Police have arrested a 45-year-old man after fatal shots were fired at Menlyn Maine shopping centre on Monday morning.

The shooting happened in the shopping centre’s parking lot when an apparent altercation broke out.

The victim had been in the company of two other men when one of them allegedly approached the suspect. An altercation ensued, said police spokesperson Brigadier Mathapelo Peters.

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
That's the same place where the guy threatened to blow up the ABSA if they didn't give him R10 million.

creeper

Expert Member
I was walking there when the gun shot went off. Ducked into Simply Asia as the people were running away from the ATM are close to Woolworths (where I wanted to go). Factual news is sketchy. But, it seems like a robbery in the parking lot gone wrong.

The interesting part. Most of the people in the restaurants were still sitting and chilling. Other people were still shopping.

creeper

Expert Member
I heard it might have been to do with a parking related dispute.
People were mentioning a brawl, but I'm always skeptical on hearsay. I should get the run down from my company's security soon. (there will be an email sent).

Reactions: Yuu

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Wounder if the tourist is going to get the book thrown at him.

Anthro

Expert Member
Tourist allowed to carry a gun?
Yup.

Firearms entering South Africa for a period not exceeding six (6) months for the purpose of hunting, sport, self-defence, repair, law enforcement, exhibition where after it will return to country of origin, wherefor a temporary import permit may be issued.

Firearms entering South Africa to be transported over SA ground to another country in Africa for personal use wherefor a in-transit permit may be issued.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I saw a video now of WA of the shooting, seems to support a dispute in the parking rather that a robbery of a tourist, so rather desist from that narrative.