Shooting at Menlyn Maine - 2 Dec 2019

WorldWarII

He obviously loved it here. RIP and condolences to his family.
Africa is indeed great.
He was here for 2 months I think. I didnt read the file properly. But Great advert for the rest of the world to attract immigration and investment as well.

thechamp

Honorary Master
just another day in Gauteng, nothing to see here, move along Citizen.....
Much better, good to see that you are getting a good hang of geography, you are the same chap who said this happened in Johannesburg earlier, right?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Much better, good to see that you are getting a good hang of geography, you are the same chap who said this happened in Johannesburg earlier, right?
yes JHB and PRY sometimes confuse me, they almost the same city.
they just been growing and growing into each other over the years.

Riza.C

As received

Tshwane District area. Brooklyn SAPS CAS to follow. Murder at parking area, Menlyn Maine, 190 Aramist str in Waterkloof Glen.

On Monday, 2 December 2019 just after 12:00 three friends were visiting Menlyn Maine for lunch. One of the friends met a man from who he bought a vehicle. An altercation took place over the payment of the vehicle.

The UK friend got involve and try to defend his friend. The car sales person who sold the vehicle went back to his vehicle to fetch a firearm.

He then walked up to the UK friend and shot him twice in the chest. The man passed away on the scene.

Victim is W/M Mr JB Strydom is 44 yrs old. Emigrated to UK 5 mths ago. Was in country for two weeks.
Suspect is a 45-year-old W/M was arrested by Brooklyn SAPS

Aquila ka Hecate

Expert Member
As received

Tshwane District area. Brooklyn SAPS CAS to follow. Murder at parking area, Menlyn Maine, 190 Aramist str in Waterkloof Glen.

On Monday, 2 December 2019 just after 12:00 three friends were visiting Menlyn Maine for lunch. One of the friends met a man from who he bought a vehicle. An altercation took place over the payment of the vehicle.

The UK friend got involve and try to defend his friend. The car sales person who sold the vehicle went back to his vehicle to fetch a firearm.

He then walked up to the UK friend and shot him twice in the chest. The man passed away on the scene.

Victim is W/M Mr JB Strydom is 44 yrs old. Emigrated to UK 5 mths ago. Was in country for two weeks.
So, let me get this straight:

Shooter and victim both White males.
Victim actually South African, who emigrated to the UK a while ago and had been visiting home for 2 weeks?

Nothing racial to see here, then. You can all go home.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
As received

Hectic
RIP

Glock26

Expert Member
the guy that got shot immigrated HERE from the UK.

All the people pushing that africa is great story... there you go.
No he didn't, not from the news I read. He emigrated TO the UK but was back here for a few weeks for business.
I guess he proved his point.

Btw, temp licenses for SD for foreigners have been pretty much stopped. You can get a temp import permit for a rifle if you can show you are coming to hunt, but no more handguns and no more self defense.
Been awhile now. Used to be common.

R13...

Honorary Master
Weird and confusing tale. Not helped by the shoddy recounting of events.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
As received

I still have questions....

WorldWarII

bottom line is south african and african culture is that life is worthless. Kill or be killed.

zulucat

Seems that was false info...
People make up alternative facts to fit their narrative. Happens all the time. If the story doesn't have a racial element to it - they forcefully plug it in to stoke racial hatred and afropessimism

yebocan

Executive Member
that the attitude that keeps the jangle in my pocket. Keep it up!
nah just sick of the usual , **** goes down, the whole country is a ****fest logic....no different to politicians, especially EFF .....I get it is the end of year, everyone is drained.

Mar Vin

I think people have lost touch with reality...

VR games, AirSoft, FPS games may have contributed to the fact that people have no perception anymore of the finality of shooting someone.

Subconsciously they're thinking: "He'll just re-spawn after I've shot him."
ok....psychologist?