Shooting on William Nicol near Sandton drive

Sinbad

Honorary Master
https://sandtonchronicle.co.za/202855/video-shooting-william-nicol-near-sandton-drive-police-scene/

Sandton police have launched a manhunt following a shootout on the corner of William Nicol and Sandton drives on Thursday, 17 May.

According to Captain Granville Meyer, spokesperson for the Sandton Police Station, the incident occurred at 3.05pm.

“When the victims’ car approached the robots, the suspect started shooting at the car with an AK-47 and then jumped on his motorcycle and drove off,” said Meyer.

The victims were driving a silver 4×4 Volkswagen Amarok.

He said after they were shot at the driver rushed to the nearest service station to seek assistance.

“The car had four people inside of which one died, two were injured and rushed to hospital, while the other one survived,” he said.

Meyer said the police are investigating the matter and the reason behind the shootout is unknown.

Milano

Executive Member
Probably meant to say "survived uninjured". People make mistakes while speaking all day long.
You are quite probably correct. And very perceptive. You must be a truck load of fun to be around. That is not literally a truck load though as fun cannot be quantified using the load size of a truck I hear you say :D

UrBaN963

Executive Member
You are quite probably correct. And very perceptive. You must be a truck load of fun to be around. That is not literally a truck load though as fun cannot be quantified using the load size of a truck I hear you say :D
Unusual grammar, I count no commas.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
My sarcasm meter detected that :p

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Seperate incident?

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ling-one-critically-injuring-another-20180517

A motorcyclist opened fire on a taxi on William Nicol Drive near Sandton, killing one passenger and critically injuring another on Thursday afternoon.

Police said the taxi, which had three passengers and a driver inside, was travelling along the busy road when the motorbike travelling behind them opened fire.

Police spokesperson Sergeant Juliet Mogale said a passenger in the back seat was shot and killed while another passenger, who was sitting in the front of the vehicle, also sustained gunshot wounds.

The driver and third passenger were not injured in the shooting, but were traumatised by the ordeal they had experienced, she said.

The motorcyclist is still at large, and a case has been opened at Sandton police station.

Netcare911 paramedics said one of the victims was declared dead on scene, while the other was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
It's getting a bit close for comfort. 10-15min later is when the SO usually passes that corner on her way home :(

Eniigma

Expert Member
Bwahahaha.

Seriously. I'm okay with this stuff happening in KZN or Mpumalanga, but not Joburg, please.
Oi! Keep that **** to yourselves thnx