Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Shoprite taking the fight to Takealot and Mr D

Shoprite has announced it has entered into a joint venture in which it will own 50% of RTT Group, the company which handles the last-mile logistics of its Checkers Sixty60 delivery service.

The retail giant said that the transaction follows the rapid growth of Checkers Sixty60 in which RTT On-Demand, a division of the RTT Group, has played a pivotal role in last-mile logistics.

HartsockZA

Expert Member
Now they just need drivers that can drive. I see them going over red robots and such.
Last driver I spoke to said they get a small sal and for every order they deliver they get % to them and the tips. So it's a mad rush to get the orders out as fast as possible cause the more you do it seems the more you're paid. Hell the last guy who dropped off had a race bike.

Reactions: Swa

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Always assumed it was their service end to end so this makes a whole lot of sense for them.

maxxis

Expert Member
Now they just need drivers that can drive. I see them going over red robots and such.
Unlicensed and uninsured. As far as I understand the drivers aren’t employed by Checkers but rather outsourced to the lowest bidders.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
The service is great for people sitting at home placing an order.
But when you go shopping in store, all the staff flying around the store packing trollies makes shopping a pain.
I'm constantly having to dodge the staff and find any form of positive in store customer experience has disappeared.
If all the specials were offered on the app I'd avoid going into the store completely and pay the delivery fee. But sadly all the good specials are never on the app.

rterblanche

The service is great for people sitting at home placing an order.
But when you go shopping in store, all the staff flying around the store packing trollies makes shopping a pain.
I'm constantly having to dodge the staff and find any form of positive in store customer experience has disappeared.
If all the specials were offered on the app I'd avoid going into the store completely and pay the delivery fee. But sadly all the good specials are never on the app.
As far as I know, all the specials that you get in-store will be in the app. They might just not have all the items in the app because delivering a weber braai might not be easy.