Shoprite stores close in Joburg as staff protest over 'lazy k*****s' slur

RaptorSA

Expert Member
"SowetanLive reported that the Southgate and Ridgeway supermarkets had been closed earlier this week following the incident."

So a single word has been elevated to the point where it has the power to do what usually takes a natural disaster of some sort.

rambo919

Expert Member
"SowetanLive reported that the Southgate and Ridgeway supermarkets had been closed earlier this week following the incident."

So a single word has been elevated to the point where it has the power to do what usually takes a natural disaster of some sort.
#whitepower

Dave

Honorary Master
Shoprite manager accused of using k-word faces disciplinary hearing

I think managers in places like this should record everything they say for the entire time they’re at work, (obviously as long as they aren’t actually the type to be swearing at staff members),

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I think managers in places like this should record everything they say for the entire time they’re at work, (obviously as long as they aren’t actually the type to be swearing at staff members),
If it can be established the complainants fabricated the story, they can be dismissed. There have been cases like that before. Let's hope the panel approaches this objectively and hasn't already taken sides.

Last edited:

Craig

Honorary Master
*Some* managers. Some would not want any recordings at all, might just incriminate them.