Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 76 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 225 67.6%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Definitely "no" for me. These things have not had the time for proper testing, the conspiracy theorist in my feels weary about this. I am looking for an end to this like any other, but firing an employee is extreme.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I function equally well working at home. No one reports to me. My team are equally accessible virtually. So, if I did not want the vaccine, and happened to feel that strongly about it, I could work at home.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I have to admit, covid has made us far less likely to complain when draconian measures are taken against people.

so firing people, all for the greater good.
not wearing a idiot-mask, fine, its all for the greater good.
not respecting social distance, fine/jail, and its all for the greater good.

its as if the past year and a bit has worn away our resistance to draconian and arbitrary measures.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You think that if they fire someone for not vaccinating they won't hire someone who will?
My guess is that the people who will fight this mandatory vaccinations are not going to be the bottom tier of easily replaceable workers, but mid - to - upper management and skills that are not that simple/easy/quick to replace.

The cannon fodder will simply line up and get injected.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
More like 1950, you now, before the measles and polio shots. Fscking luddites pretending to be free thinkers.

Definitely "no" for me. These things have not had the time for proper testing, the conspiracy theorist in my feels weary about this. I am looking for an end to this like any other, but firing an employee is extreme.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Answering the OP: not those who have a valid reason for not taking it. A valid medical reason, not a religious/Karen/personal liberty reason.

eg2505

Honorary Master
this exactly, I mean how did the Nazis come to power?
they gradually whittled away freedoms and rights, until they won.

and Covid, and all its so called measures are very slowly and surely "convincing" us that its for "the greater good"
so yes, soon enough you WILL wear an armband to show your vaccinated, or some rent-a cop wont hassle you.
you WILL be asked for your certificate to do anything and everything "public"

and slowly but surely, people wont notice how much it infringes on their rights to privacy.
and then, guess what, 1984 will become quite real, only we wont have noticed, we will think this is "normal"

marbro

Will the company be held liable if there are negative effects from the virus?

I know there is less than a 1% chance, But theres also a less than 1% chance that people win the lotto .....