Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 76 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 67.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters

noxibox

Honorary Master
Firing in South Africa means terminating employment without benefits. It is unlikely they could get away with that in relation to vaccination. At worst they could go through a retrenchment process. Such processes result in an exception being made, for instance in the case of people who cannot be vaccinated, or redeployment and if neither of those is possible employment would be terminated with the usual compensation as well as the individual being able to claim unemployment.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Mandatory vaccination is the only sane way to get us closer to normality. I also don't know what the issue is with mandatory vaccination. Doctors and nurses working in hospitals already have to be vaccinated against hepatitis B or they won't get a workplace. Nobody makes a fuss about that.
And yet studies seem to find they’re not all vaccinated against hepatitis B.

Plenty of fuss was made back when the vaccine was fairly new. Took a long time and multiple studies to put that to rest. So let’s stop pretending there is any equivalence.

But given the pharmaceutical industry’s stellar record I can’t imagine why anyone would want more data on longer term impacts.

noxibox

Honorary Master

Good old Russia, definitely a beacon of government restraint to us all.

GrootP

Everyone doesn't get a flu shot every year.
I had my one and only "flu shot " in 1982 and was newer really ill but I was flu like for almost 2 years and I vowed that I will never take a flu vax again.