Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 76 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 67.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters

WollieVerstege

The difference here is the area involved is global, there is no escaping it.
Yes and? I require employees from my company in the Netherlands for instance to take malaria meds before heading of to certain parts of Africa. Or take any required inoculations prior to travel to South east asia. We are actually using the exact same company policy for the covid vaccine.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I understand the need for personal rights, which is why i'm forcing myself to be compassionate about it. And also there's some rights I want which i know others don't but you have to give to take.

Because if i had my way we'de be rounding those who refuse at gunpoint to be vaccinated.
Which is why I brought up how "my body my choice" seems to selectively apply to the unborn.

It's all based on selfishness.... you care about yourself more than others.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Yes and? I require employees from my company in the Netherlands for instance to take malaria meds before heading of to certain parts of Africa. Or take any required inoculations prior to travel to South east asia. We are actually using the exact same company policy for the covid vaccine.
The major difference is those inoculations have been proven and the area for covid is global.....

Anthro

Expert Member
Then the logic (in some of the vaccines) comes in of strains meaning that employers will have to force mandated yearly jabs so that all virus definitions are equally updated..... it's going to create an extra layer of compliance tyranny.

Currently it's two jabs..... by end next year it will be 3 or 4 jabs.

And we all know of the AZ disaster where people who got that jab are being banned from flying.
Proof or your tin hat needs to be reseated on your head there.

Nope >

R13...

Honorary Master
I don't think they should be fired. Unless you all refuse to vaccinate then you'll probably be a risk to business continuity so they'd have to look at replacing you with people who aren't coated in tinfoil.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I don't think they should be fired. Unless you all refuse to vaccinate then you'll probably be a risk to business continuity so they'd have to look at replacing you with people who aren't coated in tinfoil.
It's going to be implemented at some stage no differently to BEE.... they are going to create a new preferred class of worker.

splattie

Haha, the issue is not where Karen actually got infected it is whether I can prove it wasnt me when she says so. Social media is a female dog, or a Karen.
100% agree with your train of thought on this matter. Problem is, vaccination doesn't immunize :(

Then there's another conundrum:

Let's say hypothetically the vaccine gives 100% immunity. Your staff are all vaccinated and Karen isn't. Your employees could still spread the virus from surface contact. Karen is still going to complain and the damage is still going to be done. This is a Karen issue not a vaccine issue imho.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I wonder if you realize how desperately hysterical that kind of kneejerk bullying makes you seem....
Shame man, are you being sensitive there? I've seen you calling people out before in a similar fashion.

Nothing kneejerk about it...there's an element of fun in that. Most conspiracy theorists are referred to as having tin hats on their heads. Go read up about it if you don't know.

Anthro

Expert Member
This is a CORONAVIRUS, or a flu - albeit a bit more modified, and dangerous (survival rate is very high)
The same rules apply for this CORONAVIRUS as with any other seasonal flu.
There is no cure for flu, never has and never will be, this is the nature of viruses that mutate.
1624269396510.png
1624269409390.png
1624269423949.png
1624269450551.png

Conack

Expert Member
So if people refuse to get their "annual" or whenever you need to get a new shot, do they then also get fired? Because they won't be any "safer" to keep around than someone who didn't get a shot eg. 2 years ago?

rambo919

Honorary Master
So if people refuse to get their "annual" or whenever you need to get a new shot, do they then also get fired? Because they won't be any "safer" to keep around than someone who didn't get a shot eg. 2 years ago?
The nazi's did something to point dangerous people out... made them wear yellow stars.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Shame man, are you being sensitive there? I've seen you calling people out before in a similar fashion.
I have had my less than steller moment's... I tend to be more accurate than you were here though.

Nothing kneejerk about it...there's an element of fun in that. Most conspiracy theorists are referred to as having tin hats on their heads. Go read up about it if you don't know.
Yes..... the assumption being that everyone that believes in the depravity of the human condition is both insane and stupid.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
I have had my less than steller moment's... I tend to be more accurate than you were here though.

Yes..... the assumption being that everyone that believes in the depravity of the human condition is both insane and stupid.
Nope, not at all. But when you actively go out and try find something wrong then there's a certain level to it.

And when people reply and say they don't do the same then they're brainwashed? By someone brainwashed enough to go out and find something, no matter how irrelevant, so it fits their narrow narrative. Pfft...tin hat scenario.

A matter of accuracy is also in the eye of the beholder.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Fire? Nope definitely not.
Not hire? A bit more interesting for me - I guess companies could put the requirement in the same way many schools ask for your child's vaccination card before admitting them, and folk are free to choose to apply or not knowing full well the conditions. I mean I still might not agree to the company doing so, but I can see that argument far more than firing someone for not taking the vaccine.