Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 76 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 67.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters

rambo919

Honorary Master
Nope, not at all. But when you actively go out and try find something wrong then there's a certain level to it.
It was not active, I recognized it as it happened. Once you know how to spot these things they are (because the writers are terrible) usually too obvious to miss.

And when people reply and say they don't do the same then they're brainwashed? By someone brainwashed enough to go out and find something, no matter how irrelevant, so it fits their narrow narrative. Pfft...tin hat scenario.
No, that's not how effective brainwashing works. Some brainwashing is active, some is passive. The best brainwashing is the kind that no one ever picks up. I have been brainwashed in the past into believing in multiple things I have now broken free of, I know how subtle it can be.

A matter of accuracy is also in the eye of the beholder.
If it hits the nail directly on the head..... it can't be inaccurate.

"Dangerous"...because that's the narrative they wanted to push. Unless you agree with the Nazis on that one?
Agreement does not matter, the practical effect of the classification does.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Those suggestions have not been proven either, the current roll out is the beta test. Even if it was 94% it still does not completely stop the spread. This is at best insurance for the company where the worker has no say, it's a violation of personal rights.

Then the logic (in some of the vaccines) comes in of strains meaning that employers will have to force mandated yearly jabs so that all virus definitions are equally updated..... it's going to create an extra layer of compliance tyranny.

Currently it's two jabs..... by end next year it will be 3 or 4 jabs.

And we all know of the AZ disaster where people who got that jab are being banned from flying.
What suggestion? The transmission rate after vaccine? That's starting to be pretty well documented.

In regards to vaccine updates, so far there doesn't seem to be an issue of having to go for updated shots, but no one knows yet as don't know how it might mutate, scientific community will never say no to such a possibility.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, without actually knowing anything about the subject matter, and the worst part is that you convince other people to put themselves in harms way.

JohnMao

Executive Member
It was not active, I recognized it as it happened. Once you know how to spot these things they are (because the writers are terrible) usually too obvious to miss.

No, that's not how effective brainwashing works. Some brainwashing is active, some is passive. The best brainwashing is the kind that no one ever picks up. I have been brainwashed in the past into believing in multiple things I have now broken free of, I know how subtle it can be.

If it hits the nail directly on the head..... it can't be inaccurate.

Agreement does not matter, the practical effect of the classification does.
Yeah, continue on your road to discovery or whatever you're on. Not everything has to be legitimized in terms of what's happening today. Shoot, life becomes very boring when you're brainwashed like that.

JohnMao

Executive Member
@JohnStarr

Passive brainwashing can be as simple as saturation of an idea into consumed media.

Active brainwashing can be as simple as this

OK dude, I don't wear a tin hat. I see what's out there but actively decide not to respond to it online like you do. I am quite capable, and intelligent-enough, to just watch something for what it is.
Others, like you, simply cannot. So brainwashing in your eyes isn't that in mine, but in my eyes you've been brainwashed to have to actively seek out things that fit what you believe.

Carry on carrying on.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Which is why I brought up how "my body my choice" seems to selectively apply to the unborn.

It's all based on selfishness.... you care about yourself more than others.
Bulldust, self care is neither selfish , nor does it mean that one doesnt care about others.

Self care is imperative to leading a fulfilled life, from eating to sleeping to ones , self control, self confidence, and staying healthy in mind , body and soul. Its about generating a positive attitude about oneself , which means when one does interact with others , your positivity and self confidence helps benefit them.

This notion that looking after yourself or placing your needs first as being selfish is utter cr@p. Its kool aid that too many people drink, thinking that sacrificing their dreams , goals or desires to serve others or be more giving is somehow showing compassion or love or or whatever else you choose to call it and that somehow that will magically mean we will be appreciated, or loved or rewarded in turn.
All that road leads to is losing ones identity and sense of self worth and you become nothing more than a servant, at the beck and call of all and sundry, while believing that serving others needs is more important than ones own.

Wiciloth

What will contrive more to impair the permissions of an ordinary citizen?
If people haven't vaccinated it's their choice, aren't they?
Those who want to have one - already do it and it's should protect them from covid, otherwise, it's lost the sense

rambo919

Honorary Master
What suggestion? The transmission rate after vaccine? That's starting to be pretty well documented.
Documented is not proven. It has gone through alpha trials, it is now in beta stage.

In regards to vaccine updates, so far there doesn't seem to be an issue of having to go for updated shots, but no one knows yet as don't know how it might mutate, scientific community will never say no to such a possibility.
The fear is that the constant shots will overload the natural immune system. And that with time the effectiveness will fall as the body adapts to the shots. The combination of the two would be devastating.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, without actually knowing anything about the subject matter, and the worst part is that you convince other people to put themselves in harms way.
No, I am arguing what I believe. I don't waste time with arguing just because I can.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Yeah, continue on your road to discovery or whatever you're on. Not everything has to be legitimized in terms of what's happening today. Shoot, life becomes very boring when you're brainwashed like that.
If the media has been captured by a class that has an agenda to be change agents..... then everything they do is in service of that agenda. Does not matter whether it is concious on their part or not.

OK dude, I don't wear a tin hat.
Neither do I

I see what's out there but actively decide not to respond to it online like you do. I am quite capable, and intelligent-enough, to just watch something for what it is.
Others, like you, simply cannot. So brainwashing in your eyes isn't that in mine,
That is pride, unless you recognize something how can you assume it is not affecting you?

Intelligence has nothing to do with the mitigation of passive effects.

but in my eyes you've been brainwashed to have to actively seek out things that fit what you believe.
And yet I don't actively seek out anything

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Documented is not proven. It has gone through alpha trials, it is now in beta stage.
What? Those are full-fledged studies, nothing to do with alpha/beta trial. I linked you specifically what Israel's Ministry of Health did, in this case it's documented = studies conducted and concluded. Wtf are you talking about?
The fear is that the constant shots will overload the natural immune system. And that with time the effectiveness will fall as the body adapts to the shots. The combination of the two would be devastating.
That fear sounds pretty BS to me, proof please.
No, I am arguing what I believe. I don't waste time with arguing just because I can.
Your "arguments" are dumb, you don't understand what you're talking about, and you should refrain from posting until you understand at least a little bit of the topic at hand.

JohnMao

Executive Member
If the media has been captured by a class that has an agenda to be change agents..... then everything they do is in service of that agenda. Does not matter whether it is concious on their part or not.

Neither do I

That is pride, unless you recognize something how can you assume it is not affecting you?

Intelligence has nothing to do with the mitigation of passive effects.

And yet I don't actively seek out anything
Because it's not. It doesn't phase me in the least. So trying to put lipstick on a pig by attempting to convince me I am being affected doesn't work. (I had no other analogy, but it sounded as absurd as you believing you know I am being affected).

No pride...just a confident belief in myself. And you ARE actively seeking something. Remember the 2 MCU series? Who knows what else. You found something here. And maybe in the next random post.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Bulldust, self care is neither selfish , nor does it mean that one doesnt care about others.

Self care is imperative to leading a fulfilled life, from eating to sleeping to ones , self control, self confidence, and staying healthy in mind , body and soul. Its about generating a positive attitude about oneself , which means when one does interact with others , your positivity and self confidence helps benefit them.

This notion that looking after yourself or placing your needs first as being selfish is utter cr@p. Its kool aid that too many people drink, thinking that sacrificing their dreams , goals or desires to serve others or be more giving is somehow showing compassion or love or or whatever else you choose to call it and that somehow that will magically mean we will be appreciated, or loved or rewarded in turn.
All that road leads to is losing ones identity and sense of self worth and you become nothing more than a servant, at the beck and call of all and sundry, while believing that serving others needs is more important than ones own.
In abortion the other party is a child that cannot speak for itself.... so "my body my choice" is not that much of a problem, the mother can choose to give the child a chance or selfishly kill it to improve her life.

In vaccines the other party is you, your fear of getting infected means you desire everyone to be vaccinated..... selfishness. In your mind "my body my choice" is a threat to you.

If everyone was in danger of post birth abortion there would be no "my body my choice".

Selfishness decides whether or not "my body my choice" is relevant.

rambo919

Honorary Master
What? Those are full-fledged studies, nothing to do with alpha/beta trial. I linked you specifically what Israel's Ministry of Health did, in this case it's documented = studies conducted and concluded. Wtf are you talking about?
A proper beta or long term study takes 5-10 years.... all the current studies are insuficient to prove anything.

That fear sounds pretty BS to me, proof please.

Your "arguments" are dumb, you don't understand what you're talking about, and you should refrain from posting until you understand at least a little bit of the topic at hand.
Then ignore me, I fail to see what the point is in insulting me.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Because it's not. It doesn't phase me in the least. So trying to put lipstick on a pig by attempting to convince me I am being affected doesn't work. (I had no other analogy, but it sounded as absurd as you believing you know I am being affected).
Just because you think something does not influence you does not mean that is so. But that is your business, I fail to see why you are getting so worked up about this unless pride is involved.

No pride...just a confident belief in myself. And you ARE actively seeking something. Remember the 2 MCU series? Who knows what else. You found something here. And maybe in the next random post.
That did not require active seeking.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Just because you think something does not influence you does not mean that is so. But that is your business, I fail to see why you are getting so worked up about this unless pride is involved.

That did not require active seeking.
OK chap, have at it.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I vote other.

Not vaccinating puts a business at financial risk, so employees need to be vaccinated to come to work in person.
For the times they need to be at work in person, the unvaccinated should have to take leave.

It is still your body, your choice, but business owners should also be allowed to minimize risk.

At my wife's job (a very small business), the 2nd person tested positive for covid and another 2 are at home with symptoms, although it's unconfirmed. Suddenly, a quarter of the workforce is off sick.
For a business that can't survive a couple of weeks without income, if a few more critical people get sick it could sink them.

Last edited:

Zulani

Fire them? Only if they work in jobs that require them to be in the office/workplace. The rest can work in home office. And their salaries can be reduced by 10-20%, because they're saving money on the daily commute.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Fire them? Only if they work in jobs that require them to be in the office/workplace. The rest can work in home office. And their salaries can be reduced by 10-20%, because they're saving money on the daily commute.
I voted other for this reason.

We have to complete a questionnaire every morning. One of the questions is "Have you been in contact with someone who tested positive within the last 7(? not sure now) days. At this question, I paused because I was in contact with someone who tested positive a day or 2 before he got his positive results.

I answered "Yes" to that question. An email was generated and fell in my mailbox within seconds to the effect of "Your AD account will be locked for a period of 14 days. You are required to self isolate with immediate effect and contact a medical professional for further advice".

I was bored schitless because now I couldn't work.

This is because I was working from home FFS!

Grant

Honorary Master
I can see people mass-quitting their jobs and taking their chances once this kind of corporate thinking get's off the ground.... and I can see masses of people giving in and taking the jab.

This is going to re-organize corporate workforces.
Your hysteria and scare mongering over a vaccine is quite spectacular