Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

Should businesses fire employees who refuse to vaccinate against Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 76 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 67.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters

Grant

Honorary Master
I am fine with this.... if they start recording death "with covid" along with if those people were also vaccinated.

To not do so is to fuel fear because many will assume that those dying have not been vaccinated... it will snowball.
Who is "they"?
The illuminati?

I take it you have heard of autopsies and post-mortems?

rambo919

Honorary Master
Your hysteria and scare mongering over a vaccine is quite spectacular
It's a prediction of things to come, I might be wrong but I don't think I am.

There is nothing hysterical about this prediction specifically.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Who is "they"?
The illuminati?
The people in charge of statistics gathering

I take it you have heard of fudging statistics by not properly labeling the figures.... like "death with covid" rather than "death by X"?

This is not a conspiracy theory this happened, even the CDC was caught with their pants down having done this.

Grant

Honorary Master
The difference here is the area involved is global, there is no escaping it.
I presume you never travel beyond our borders.
You know - that pesky passport that you have to continually produce, that can be used to track and trace you accross the planet.
It's global, with no escape.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I presume you never travel beyond our borders.
You know - that pesky passport that you have to continually produce, that can be used to track and trace you accross the planet.
It's global, with no escape.
Unless that passport is injected into me.... I have no problem with showing my papers.

Zulani

Autopsies and post-mortems? No no, those are done by lizard-people who were birthed from the devil's armpits. You can't trust those.

Grant

Honorary Master
The people in charge of statistics gathering

I take it you have heard of fudging statistics by not properly labeling the figures.... like "death with covid" rather than "death by X"?

This is not a conspiracy theory this happened, even the CDC was caught with their pants down having done this.
See now, you are speculating because you lack the understanding or knowledge.
Covid is not a cause of death, its an underlying cause (which may have led to cardiac arrest etc)

See 77 (inside red rectangle)
Screen shot 2021-06-21 at 3.30.51 PM-1.jpg

rambo919

Honorary Master
See now, you are speculating because you lack the understanding or knowledge.
Covid is not a cause of death, its an underlying cause (which may have led to cardiac arrest etc)

See 77 (inside red rectangle)
First you accuse me of speculation and then you provide speculation?

Did you completely think that one through?

thehuman

Expert Member
Don't fire them .
But do following depending on impact study. Amounts can vary.

Vaccinated employee get 1% increase
Vaccinated employee get entered into a random monthly raffle the winner employee get 10% bonus of their salary.

Bigger companies can scale bonus for more winners.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
A proper beta or long term study takes 5-10 years.... all the current studies are insuficient to prove anything.
A beta study != long-term study. A beta study just means a longer term based on what you're doing, a long-term study usually means min. 5 years.
Why would you need a long-term study in regards to virus transmission rates? That would be a study rather about virus mutation and whether the vaccine would protect against those mutations.
You can test transmission rates within a few months, why would you need to add years to it? That seems rather backward.

rambo919

Honorary Master
A beta study != long-term study. A beta study just means a longer term based on what you're doing, a long-term study usually means min. 5 years.
I fail to see the difference, if it makes you feel better I believe it is ludicrously stupid to trust an unnatural remedy (especially one that tampers with DNA either directly or via proxy) until multiple long term studies has been conclusively concluded.

Why would you need a long-term study in regards to virus transmission rates? That would be a study rather about virus mutation and whether the vaccine would protect against those mutations.
You can test transmission rates within a few months, why would you need to add years to it? That seems rather backward.
No short term study can completely test for that. Real life always throws curveballs.

noxibox

Honorary Master
None of the current vaccines immunize us.
They pretty much all do exactly that. Otherwise they'd be useless.

How? My body remains my body.... does it cease to be my body because vaccinations are involved?

You can't even say the difference is other people are involved.... the unborn are also other people.
That's good, so people can start claiming their tax breaks or state support from conception. None of this waiting for the child to be born nonsense.

It did flatten the curve... but it was too soon. The virus hadn't peaked yet. Would have been better to have the 14 days lockdown at the beginning of the actual peak...
View attachment 1092355
You say it was too early, other people say it didn't work because it was too late.

If the job entails working with other people or customers in close quarters then a vaccine becomes compulsory.
So it is mostly the companies' own fault for adopting these ridiculous environments where everyone sits elbow to elbow.

rambo919

Honorary Master
They pretty much all do exactly that. Otherwise they'd be useless.
No, they reduce the severity of the symptoms.... they are a prophylactic nothing more.

That's good, so people can start claiming their tax breaks or state support from conception. None of this waiting for the child to be born nonsense.
The tax breaks I assume are for raising the child.... unless the child is born there is nothing to subsidize.... and can you imagine the bureaucracy hell if they changed it to conception?

You say it was too early, other people say it didn't work because it was too late.
Lockdowns don't actually work unless they are total and it's a slow jumping plague..... everything else is false correlation meant to justify further useless lockdowns.

If there is no next wave then lockdowns worked.... if there are breaks in figures the lockdowns worked.... it's all lies. I am half shocked so many people still believe obvious government BS after DECADES of it in other area's.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Just a comment to this sideshow, certain vaccinations/medications are already mandatory from company perspectives: yellow fever etc. I vote other because folks do not deserve to get "fired", however if your work involves close contact with others and your are unable to perform those duties for the safety of others, then it becomes grounds for retrenchment.

Sure, folks should be shuffled around but only so much can be accomodated.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Another long-ass thread over something COVID which again illustrates that nobody really knows what's going on.

noxibox

Honorary Master
No, I am not anti vax but, unless the vaccine provides total immunity, how is me not getting the shot actually going to do harm to others if they can still contract covid?
I doubt there is any existing vaccine that provides 100% protection. If there are they're probably the minority. Vaccines simply don't work like that. They produce a more rapid defence which then reduces the likelihood of an infection taking hold and if it does reduces the severity of the disease which either way therefore reduces the chances of infecting others. Hence why the repeated claims that these particular vaccines don't reduce the chances of infecting others is probably nonsense.

So, if your unvaccinated employee infects a customer and that customer goes onto social media and starts pointing fingers, what do you do?
As a business owner myself, that is my concern. If I can prove my employees are all vaccinated, then all good. If I can't, especially the employee this Karen interacted with, it can do considerable reputational damage.
Well your employee can still infect someone else. If your customer is vaccinated they're likely to be fine either way. Are you going to refuse to do business with anyone who is not vaccinated?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
No. They can go fk themselves.
No business will force me what to do with my body. Happily I'm not working for any outfit now. Even if I did I would give them the finger.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Just a comment to this sideshow, certain vaccinations/medications are already mandatory from company perspectives: yellow fever etc. I vote other because folks do not deserve to get "fired", however if your work involves close contact with others and your are unable to perform those duties for the safety of others, then it becomes grounds for retrenchment.

Sure, folks should be shuffled around but only so much can be accomodated.
Were you asked by any employer for your up-to-date vaccination card (HPV, Meningitis, Measles, Chickenpox, Yellow-fever, etc) prior to being employed or during employment?