Should employers be allowed to implement vaccine mandates?

Should employers be allowed to implement vaccine mandates?

• Yes - it's within their rights

Votes: 240 53.3%
  • No - they're overstepping

Votes: 198 44.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 2.7%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
With various companies implementing mandatory vaccine policies do you feel they are overstepping or are within their rights to do so?

neoprema

Executive Member
yes yes yes - fly it over the country in multiple airplanes with banners! :)

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
If you mean they insist on attending kids having standard vaxes, sure.

Covid is not an extreme emergency threat to most, no contest.
Just no.

@bwana it's not a vaccine mandate as in title but policy as you've stated in OP, since they can't force a vaccine, they can only force requiring a vaccine cert to enter the premises. If work from home and not affecting other staff, employer has no say.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Honestly though. What choice do we have? Push against it and you risk losing your job.

I for one really like, and most importantly, need this job. Jobs aren't exactly available everywhere these days.
There are subtle ways to object, like you did here. It adds up.

grok

Honorary Master
Considering that many people are not adhering to the basics of sanitising, masks and social distancing I believe that mandatory vaccination is the only way to go!
EYec-DOUEAI1Pvi.jpg

die_koos

Sure they can, just like they can tell their employees what to wear and where to work and how to interact with customers and each other.

And I can see them making it a condition of employment for new hires, not so sure if they can change existing employee contracts to include it without major Labour law issues? But I'm not an expert....