Votes: 190 39.7%
  • No - let them fly

Votes: 78 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.1%

• Total voters

HunterNW

Honorary Master
We had one HUGE hailstorm. So there was no fireworks except for thunder and lightning.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
At least they can run away. People and pets cooped up in apartment blocks, can't.
It's at least a compromise.
Nothing perfect in this life.
Ever seen a startled ostrich hit a fence at night? Had a lodge set some off at us years back. Dead donkey, many many missing animals.

jax_maxit

I've had dogs most of my life and Guy Fawkes, Xmas and New year's were horrible times. My poor dogs would be so frightened. I used to love fireworks before we got a dog. Our family would also buy them and set them off like everyone.
We stopped after getting our puppy.

Although I am no longer a pet owner, I feel sorry for my neighbours whose dogs have to endure the loud bangs. Let's restrict the loud/explosive ones to designated areas.

Norrad

Expert Member
Loving the fireworks from afar tonight. Happy Diwali to all those celebrating!
I had completely forgotten and wondered why they were going off. I actually enjoy the fireworks and went out to watch them when my pooch ran to the door all excitedly. He is a hunting dog and loud bangs don't bother him at all. The cat got a big fright, but calmed right down when he saw the dog was all happy. Having lived all over the world you can see how quickly animals can become desensitized to loud noises if they hear them often enough. In Malaysia the dogs didn't even look up if we set off a few.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
Yes, unless I can lace it with C4 so those uneducated, snowflake retards can get what they deserve.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
No, let them fly

Darwin needs to be given a fair shot at improving the gene pool, and my doggie doesn't seem to give a flying F when the fireworks bombard the night sky, so long as we're home together and I'm there to pet her with some reassurance

KantSnyer

Expert Member
Voted "Other', just get rid of the noisy ones. I want sparklers on my cake.