Should future lockdowns be limited to those who are unvaccinated?

Should future lockdowns be limited to the "unvaccinated"?

• Yes

Votes: 227 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 196 42.7%
  • Other

Votes: 36 7.8%

• Total voters

Joslessew

Now show me your evidence???
Read the literature carefully - “While vaccinated people can spread the virus ". not my words but from your document which by the way is not evidence its just a report so your understanding of vaccinated people can't get virus mutations taking place in their bodies is actually not true. So show me the peer-reviewed science and evidence from which this report comes from. Anyway I think we are getting away from the original topic which is related to lockdowns

dusi

I think the unvaxxed should be relocated to the Western Cape so they can have lots of sunshine (Vitamin D) and fresh sea air to clear the airways, and the vaxxed can live in ANC controlled provinces and continue with their vaccine rollout plans into the future.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Read the literature carefully - “While vaccinated people can spread the virus ". not my words but from your document which by the way is not evidence its just a report so your understanding of vaccinated people can't get virus mutations taking place in their bodies is actually not true. So show me the peer-reviewed science and evidence from which this report comes from. Anyway I think we are getting away from the original topic which is related to lockdowns
Shifting goalposts? We know that already.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
No its totally on topic. If we were all vaccinated then there would be little reason for a lockdown.

“While vaccinated people can spread the virus " is exactly what it is, its possible for vaccinated people to spread the virus BUT what is more possible is that unvaccinated ARE spreading the virus AND increasing the chance of mutation.

• Haha
Reactions: Swa

tcofran

Expert Member
Got my certificate.... LD happens...

Will any restaurant be open for me ?

Dont think so

Brian_G

Executive Member
I think the unvaxxed should be relocated to the Western Cape so they can have lots of sunshine (Vitamin D) and fresh sea air to clear the airways, and the vaxxed can live in ANC controlled provinces and continue with their vaccine rollout plans into the future.
We are now third class citizens, no luxurious choices for us. Sorry :- (

die_koos

Getting vaccinated is a personal choice, but with your choice also comes accepting the consequences of your choice.

If I choose to smoke, I accept the fact that I cannot do it in a restaurant full of other people. If I choose not to get vaccinated I have to accept that I cannot share a common social space with people who have taken all reasonable precautions to try and curb the spread of the virus.

So don't use "Lockdown" like a punitive measure to punish people who choose not to get vaccinated, rather find a way to enable people who are at a much lower risk of contracting and spreading it because they were vaccinated to start enjoying their personal freedoms again.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Would you be anti lockdowns if there was an ibola (or worse) outbreak ?
Is this made by Apple?

Now show me your evidence???
It gets in regardless of vaccination. It mutates anyway too. Arguably more mutations can potentially happen with more infections, but in reality we're not seeing evidence of endless mutation because there are limited options for changing the genome and remaining viable. Otherwise there must be a huge number of these deadlier variants we're being told to fear in places like India and US given their very large number of infections. I'm surprised everyone isn't dead already.

Xenswim1

IF the vaccine works why do we need others to be vaccinated. To my mind given all the guff written on the one shoe fits all experimental vaccine means that if you are vaccinated you should not worry.
As one who has COPD I believe that the vaccine given to me to prevent bacterial pneumonia works. I do not demand that others have the same vaccine when I am supposed to be protected from bacterial pneumonia.

The demand that non vax people should be isolated is because of non trust in the vaccine they have been given. In any even if one takes the time we find that these vaccines need update booster every six months. My tried and tested aforementioned vaccine gives protection for 3 to 5 years. Think about it.

noxibox

Honorary Master
No its totally on topic. If we were all vaccinated then there would be little reason for a lockdown.

“While vaccinated people can spread the virus " is exactly what it is, its possible for vaccinated people to spread the virus BUT what is more possible is that unvaccinated ARE spreading the virus AND increasing the chance of mutation.
The only reason would be because the government arbitrarily decides that everyone being vaccinated is required. It is still going to spread. So what is the purpose a "lockdown"?

In fact one of the recent scaremongering campaigns to justify continuing to wear masks after being vaccinated was that vaccinated people could be asymptomatic, but still contagious.

We're going to have to drop the mutation scare stories eventually, because there is no practical way to keep everyone vaccinated enough to prevent infections and thus mutations.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Getting vaccinated is a personal choice, but with your choice also comes accepting the consequences of your choice.

If I choose to smoke, I accept the fact that I cannot do it in a restaurant full of other people. If I choose not to get vaccinated I have to accept that I cannot share a common social space with people who have taken all reasonable precautions to try and curb the spread of the virus.

So don't use "Lockdown" like a punitive measure to punish people who choose not to get vaccinated, rather find a way to enable people who are at a much lower risk of contracting and spreading it because they were vaccinated to start enjoying their personal freedoms again.
That analogy doesn't work. People can't smoke tobacco inside a restaurant because others are then forced to inhale their smoke. If there was a vaccine for tobacco smoke I'd happily sit in a restaurant with hundreds of smokers. Similarly I don't care about anyone else's vaccination status.

Although tobacco is a good analogy in demonstrating how once people realise they can step on another group, they can't stop themselves from taking it further. Hence idiotic nonsense like wanting to ban smoking outdoors.

Norrad

Expert Member
Tsek... Unvaxxed can go to Mpumalanga which has the lowest vaccination stats per capita :whistling: Plenty of sunshine and heat to help them there.

rvZA

Executive Member
Can't be enforced. Lockdowns are a waste of time, money and effort. But, it will, however, apply to everyone.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
It's a NO from me, but they'll probably use the vaccine dompas (certificate) system to enforce it anyway. I don't get why people are supporting something that will eventually oppress them?

Most people don't support it though .... just talking for the UK here but we have over 80% vaxed now (iirc) and the last poll I saw was an 80 something percent No against lockdowns. LD's don't do shyte long term - to take pressure off a health system, sure but long term just on and on and on, most people see it doesn't work at all. Governments on the other hand, love the lockdowns so what can do in most countries :cautious: