Should future lockdowns be limited to those who are unvaccinated?

Should future lockdowns be limited to the "unvaccinated"?

• Yes

Votes: 227 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 197 42.8%
  • Other

Votes: 36 7.8%

• Total voters

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
No its totally on topic. If we were all vaccinated then there would be little reason for a lockdown.

“While vaccinated people can spread the virus " is exactly what it is, its possible for vaccinated people to spread the virus BUT what is more possible is that unvaccinated ARE spreading the virus AND increasing the chance of mutation.
Anyone infected can trigger a beneficial mutation of the virus. There might be some evidence to suggest that mutations are less likely in people able to fight off the virus (whether their immune system does this as a result of being vaccinated, or by natural infection and recovery or, because of previous exposure to other similar viruses) is NOT well documented yet or understood enough to make absolute claims either way.

Last edited:

Cube3

Expert Member
I take it no one here has friends or relatives who have had negative effects from the vax ?

I know 3 people who have died from the vax. 2 within a month, 1 the day after.
Another has a serious auto immune disease since the vax.
Another has developed Guillain-Barré syndrome 3 months after vax as of Sunday last week and is now in ICU unable to move.

This is still EUA , and you are the trial.

*clearly this is worth laughing @ mercury12, hope someone you know suffers*

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You should post the key finding:

A novel best-case scenario cost-benefit analysis showed very conservatively that there are five times the number of deaths attributable to each inoculation vs those attributable to COVID-19 in the most vulnerable 65+de-mographic. The risk of death from COVID-19 decreases drastically as age decreases, and the longer-term effects of the inoculations on lower age groups will increase their risk-benefit ratio, perhaps substantially.

In other words, as age decreases the risk of death from Covid 19 decreases drastically, while at the same time the risks of adverse effects from innoculation (even if the risk stays the same) become more and more significant. We already see that there is talk of giving kids only one dose of a two-dose regime, and what is more, suggesting that a diluted dose might be better than the full dosage.

No this silly game played by governments is much more pushing their agenda to get to a mythical "herd Immunity percentage" of population sooner so that they can try and save face and justify to themselves why LDs can be removed.

It is all BS based on non-existent scientific evidence.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I take it no one here has friends or relatives who have had negative effects from the vax ?

Another has developed Guillain-Barré syndrome 3 months after vax as of Sunday last week and is now in ICU unable to move.

Lol yeah yet it's been administered over 6 billion times. Pull another one.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Well if you observe the graphs carefully you will note that Israel reached the highest inoculation point long before most other countries but irrespective, the point is that according to these graphs there should be virtually no one in hospital for covid but that's NOT the case therefore most of the people in hospital now are inoculated people according to your graphs
And this is the irony. Because many people including "experts" don't understand statistics.
And they sure as hell have not even heard of the "base rate fallacy".

Norrad

Expert Member

I think he is laughing because almost every poster who is anti-vax suddenly "personally" knows a ton of people who have died or had serious side effects from the vaccine.

Cube3

Expert Member
I think he is laughing because almost every poster who is anti-vax suddenly "personally" knows a ton of people who have died or had serious side effects from the vaccine.
Yeah that's is true, though on the flip side I don't personally know anyone who has died from Covid.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
I only know personally know of 2 cases (plenty on social media though).

One is a colleague's grandmother who developed blood clots (she is from an old age home and apparently the same happened to others there) and the other is my brother in law who had the usual sore arm, dizziness, tiredness and swollen glands.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore

Hahahahahahahaha ... *breathe* ... hahahaha. Talk more shyte plox!

Swa

Honorary Master
Yes, the analogy was not the best, a better one would be the way life insurance penalises you with higher premiums if you smoke. Still your choice to do so, but you pay more because your risk is higher.

i’m not an expert or a scientist, so I go by what my doctor said: There is very little risk in getting the vaccine, there is a lot of risk in getting sick. That informed my personal decision.

Looking at the bigger picture, the more people get vaccinated, the better the chance of getting the virus under control.
So if you feel like riding it out and seeing how it plays out without getting the shot, all the power to you. The only thing I ask is that you then at least consider the fact that your decision is putting other people at risk and limit your social contact, use other methods then to ensure you don’t contribute to spreading and mutating the virus, like wearing a mask and staying home. But also accept that people who have been vaccinated might get to enjoy freedoms you don’t.
Good Lord just stop with this already. All of those are based on "feels" and not science. Not getting it does not put anybody else at risk so stop spreading that polarising nonsense. Your analogy is a simple fail because it compares it to something you choose to do that puts others at risk, and even there there's been an overreaction. Also there are doctors that differ.

op365

As long as those who got the vaccine can't also get Covid-19.... Oh wait... They CAN still get it...

noxibox

Honorary Master

An acquaintance of an acquaintance died in March 2020 while they had COVID-19. Otherwise I don’t know anyone who has had negative effects from the disease or the vaccine. That’s in people from 30s to 80s. However the data is unequivocal, the disease is in general the higher risk.

Emergency use approval and a trial are not the same.

die_koos

Good Lord just stop with this already. All of those are based on "feels" and not science. Not getting it does not put anybody else at risk so stop spreading that polarising nonsense. Your analogy is a simple fail because it compares it to something you choose to do that puts others at risk, and even there there's been an overreaction. Also there are doctors that differ. In
Good Lord just stop with this already. All of those are based on "feels" and not science. Not getting it does not put anybody else at risk so stop spreading that polarising nonsense. Your analogy is a simple fail because it compares it to something you choose to do that puts others at risk, and even there there's been an overreaction. Also there are doctors that differ.
Wait…. So which of my points are based on “feels”? Are you saying that from a global perspective an equal number of people will get sick and die regardless of whether everyone gets vaccinated or not?
Are you saying that the rate of mutation will be the same in an unvaccinated population?
I really don’t understand the hesitation to get the vaccine…. The only way it makes sense to me is if you truly believe that there is some sort of global conspiracy and in that case there is little point in arguing, since nothing I can say will persuade you otherwise. Best of luck to you and hope we get to talk about something else in the future.

Ragnarök

Expert Member

And here is the report for those that claim it is a fake news site

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Genuine question, are you stupid? The fake news stats never tie in with the official stats, ever .... even when linked, so how do you keep buying into it?