Should I join and leave Telkom ADSL?

BrettHawk30

Dear iBurst users.

I need some advice please. Currently a TelkomADSL (512kB) subscriber in the Northwold area. But like most of the Telkom users, I'm getting annoyed at with the service and thinking of leave ADSL and moving over to iBurst.

Download speeds are important off course, but so is Upload speeds (my business relies on Video Conferencing with branches accross the world).
Does iBurst offer better Download and Upload speeds then Telkom ADSL?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Brett

TheYak

For the love of all things holy - stay away!!!

At the moment iBurst's upload speed is a bit dodgy... aka - it's non-existant! Takes you five minutes just to submit a plain and simple form... much less upload anything.

Download speeds are REALLY bad at the moment as well.

Stick with ADSL, it's the best thing out there. Or wait until WBS have sorted out all their problems and see what people are saying then.

But, for now... stay with your connection - it's the best you're going to get! :(

hArTh

Expert Member
ADSL is the only realistic option for business use right now. All the other offerings are too immature. Give them another 6-12 months to settle down ...

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Well everyone has already said what I was going to say: stick with ADSL - it is waaaaay better than iBurst.

• iBurst has been upload speedless now since 2004-12-23.
  • iBurst download speed has been totally vrot (for me) the whole month of January - we are talking less than 512K.
  • iBurst's Latency is higher than a junkie - definitely a waste of time with Video Conferencing, Gaming, and VoIP like Skype is low quality as a result (for me that is).
Now, it sounds like money is less of a concern for you Brett, correct? If so, try out UUNET's UNSHAPED ADSL - depending on where you are you could get a test account that will work through your existing ADSL line within minutes.