Should magic mushrooms (psilocybin) be legalised in SA?

KarooKlonkie

The case to legalize magic mushrooms

The Psychonauts, a local podcast, explores psychedelic psychiatry as hallucinogenic mushrooms go on trial in South Africa

There's a growing body of scientific evidence showing the potential for hallucinogenic mushrooms to work alongside conventional therapy methods to treat depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and some kinds of addictions, such as alcoholism and nicotine dependence, although “magic mushrooms” are illegal in South Africa.

In 2018, a legal team will argue in the Western Cape High Court that it is unconstitutional to deny South Africans access to this potential form of medicine.
Read more HERE

Eedubz

YES!

The world would be a much better place if everyone tried mushrooms at least once in their lives :love:

RuhanSA079

No. The hospitals will be full of people freaking the fck out.
+1, we already got marijuana/dagga legalized(for private growing and consumption on your own property) , now this freak show?? Surely I'm not going to buy some "magic shroom" that will help me, getting rid of my problems. Same effect as other drugs too. Get high, forget all about the problems, no stress...and the same problems and stress there again. The process repeats itself, usually.

Thor

Honorary Master
+1, we already got marijuana/dagga legalized(for private growing and consumption on your own property) , now this freak show?? Surely I'm not going to buy some "magic shroom" that will help me, getting rid of my problems. Same effect as other drugs too. Get high, forget all about the problems, no stress...and the same problems and stress there again. The process repeats itself, usually.
Not legal yet.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Yes right after all corruption is eliminated

Although if you take some shrooms then you might hallucinate that corruption was eliminated.

hmm..catch 22

Eedubz

That's not how psilocybin works. But I guess the world still needs people with blinders on to keep on operating.

YES!

The world would be a much better place if everyone tried mushrooms at least once in their lives :love:
I tried them once and got a concussion when I hit my head on a brick scaffold trying to escape from a cloud throwing spiked shells at me.