Votes: 149 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 118 40.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
SA doesn't have money to waste - let it be.
If one looks at the argument, "only colonialists will visit this so called monument" it starts to make sense why it was burned down in the first place.

Fine, if your history, has no value to you, then niether does your future, but with the current crowd there is no future of value, so yeah, ...

WalkWithMe

It is a national monument, they have to repair and maintain it.
Fine, if your history, has no value to you, then niether does your future, but with the current crowd there is no future of value, so yeah, ...
Its a National Keypoint, monument maybe in some's eyes. It has an European design and past with all the Italian parts to it (New Assembly).
Our Apartheid history is not something to be proud of!
Value is having a working institution in a building and place that is functional and not something that looks a certain way to some. If we stuck to history we will be living in mud houses with straw on. This is such a meh argument

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Its a National Keypoint, monument maybe in some's eyes. It has an European design and past with all the Italian parts to it (New Assembly).
Our Apartheid history is not something to be proud of!
Value is having a working institution in a building and place that is functional and not something that looks a certain way to some. If we stuck to history we will be living in mud houses with straw on. This is such a meh argument

Just because you are not proud of it, does not automatically make it valueless - but then it takes all sorts to make a world

Bigjay84

Move it to Pretoria Central Prison.
Strange coincidence the number of new construction companies registered since the fire :unsure:

donsveer

It doesn't really matter. They only need an open field and a huge tent. Then they can have parliament at a different place each month. That is what most circuses do.

Service

Definitely, it must move to Pretoria. The day I finally move to Pretoria, they can move right back to Cape Town.

As far as I'm concerned, they must do whatever they f***en want; they always do and get away with it anyway.

vanzie

Is this not what the arsonist wanted?
Exactly what the anc wanted - give another Tender to their connections ( and pick up their 15+ fee for awarding it)- build a New Complex ( load all building materials by 10% for anc fee) - so looting all the way!

markings

Expert Member
No, there is a significant economic benefit for CPT. It would be interesting to know the multiplier effect of a parliamentarian. In the past there may have been some justification because of availability of paper work but with the internet this has largely fallen away. Travel costs will be incurred anyway as MPs will still have to travel to sit in the parliament.

MakazoleM

Is this not what the arsonist wanted?
The "arsonist" was a homeless guy with mental problems.

*At least thats who the idiot incompetent police have arrest and have attempted to charge under section 5 guilty until proven innocent.

Disgraceful SAPS

Last edited:

porchrat

Honorary Master
As a resident of Cape Town I'm probably biased but I'd really prefer it if they all fscked off to Pretoria.

I know it also makes logistical sense and will save costs and all that non-emotive stuff, but if I'm honest I just hate all this SONA BS that blocks the roads and blue light parades for people that think they're better than the average citizen.