Should QdK have taken a knee?

Do you think QdK should have taken a knee as required by CSA?

• Yes

Votes: 54 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 285 84.1%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Do you think Quinton de Kock should have taken a knee, as required by CSA, "in a united and consistent stance against racism"?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
daenarys-targaryen-bend-the-knee.gif

saor

Honorary Master
Someone in another thread said: If its forced its meaningless. These dead displays don't do a single damn thing. Should he have done it to avoid all the fuss? Probably. But then in 5 years he gets accused of being complicit in being a sheep going along with this sterile nonsense that's just a fluffy display.

Kodi

No.

Because the body has a finite number of knee bends available until it konks out. He is a wicket keeper. For every non-professional knee bending action he is forced to perform will rob his career by one professional knee bend behind the stumps.

Illegal Allien

Yes - He should have taken the knee in "solidarity" with what others maybe be going through, just like wearing the Pink for breast cancer.
No - CSA should not have prescribed taking the knee as the only form of showing solidarity though. Letting each player decide on the form would have worked better imo.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Do you think Quinton de Kock should have taken a knee, as required by CSA, "in a united and consistent stance against racism"?
Yes, what QDK must understand is we living in a time of tokenism, virtue signaling and wokeness. Regardless of our beliefs and values, we need to uphold the façade.

But seriously, he is a previous captain and senior player. His teammates have most likely been subjected to some form of discrimination in the past and/or recently. Not all players of colour in the squad are former Saints boys with lawyer fathers. It seems odd to me that he would not consider their feelings or where they stand/kneel on the subject? It also seems odd to me that he would leave them in the lurch mere hours before a must win world cup fixture. Sometimes you need to take one for the team de Kock.

CSA is not blameless either. Why wait 90 minutes before a must win world cup fixture to announce the directive making kneeling mandatory?? These clowns have learnt absolutely nothing from past world cup calamities. Always looking for an opportunity to score an own goal!! Malakas!!! 18 months they've had to sort this s hit out!!!

Also seems odd to me that he would jeopardize his career over something as benign as taking the knee? The ideologies of the BLM are certainly not benign but the physical act of taking a knee is. Why wouldn't he? Is he opposed to BLM? Is he a raving racist? Does he support the concept of BLM but objects to taking a knee for religious or other reasons? Like, we need some answers de KOCK.

konfab

Honorary Master
But seriously, he is a previous captain and senior player. His teammates have most likely been subjected to some form of discrimination in the past and/or recently. Not all players of colour in the squad are former Saints boys with lawyer fathers. It seems odd to me that he would not consider their feelings or where they stand/kneel on the subject? It also seems odd to me that he would leave them in the lurch mere hours before a must win world cup fixture. Sometimes you need to take one for the team de Kock.
What do you think actually matters? How he treats them as individuals or fake solidarity with a fake movement?

sand_man

Honorary Master
If I were to speculate, 2 reasons why de KOCK won't kneel....

1.) religious beliefs IE kneel before no one other than God
2.) a family member was seriously harmed by a person of colour - murdered and/or raped

R13...

Honorary Master
Did he say why he wouldn't kneel or still keeping with holding his peace because it is personal?

Prawnapple

Expert Member
What do you think actually matters? How he treats them as individuals or fake solidarity with a fake movement?
The scary part is that it's a real movement (unfortunately), it's even scarier that people are in fake solidarity with it. In any case. If you want to keep your job, you have to do what the people paying your salary want you to do. If you don't want to, that's fine too. It's quite literally up to the individual to do what they feel is right.