Should school children be vaccinated against Covid?

Should school children be vaccinated against coronavirus?

• Yes, immediately

Votes: 59 24.0%
  • Yes, but there's no rush

Votes: 88 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 88 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
It’s not mutually exclusive.
Your odds of dying from the vaccine could be 100% and your odds of dying from the virus also 100%.
The vaccine is just a better calculated risk, the only constant is death.
can't argue against that for the most part, except the one is intended to reduce the risk of the other

if it carries anywhere near the same risk level I just don't see the point, I do however wholeheartedly support any adult's individual decision to take / not take it ... for children it is just plain unnecessary and on balance results in a higher risk from what I can see

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Until deemed safe? You mean they are going to tweak the vaccine?

Children are pretty well immune to the virus so why take the risk of vaccinating them with a vaccine we don't know the long term consequences of, it makes no sense if there is any doubt about it being safe for children. It is literally insane to vaccinate children. People are dying of the vaccine, children don't need the vaccine.
Children are pretty immune to current variants of the virus and also they are carriers.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Children are pretty immune to current variants of the virus and also they are carriers.

Everyone is a carrier, whether vaccinated or not. As people are always pointing out, if you have the vaccine it doesn't mean you don't get Covid, only that it prevents you from getting very sick, or that is the thinking anyway. So no need for children to get vaccinated.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Everyone is a carrier, whether vaccinated or not. As people are always pointing out, if you have the vaccine it doesn't mean you don't get Covid, only that it prevents you from getting very sick, or that is the thinking anyway. So no need for children to get vaccinated.
Yes, but children and schools are super spreaders, simply because 5 days a week you have over 1000 people in a small area for several hours a day.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Should school children be vaccinated against Covid? If so should it be done after the 18-35 group? Or even in conjunction with that group?

As a parent would you give consent to have it done at school?
Wrong options.
There should be an option related to age.
There is no sound scientifically justifiable reason to violate the tried and tested >12 years old rule.
Above 12 years old should be vaccinated.

konfab

Honorary Master
If the parents want it, then whatever. However there is no data that they are actually at any substantive risk from the coof.

Screenshot 2021-07-29 094159.png

Flasher

Apparently Bill Gates is building a space station. From there he's going to control all the people that got the vaccine. Including myself.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Wrong options.
There should be an option related to age.
There is no sound scientifically justifiable reason to violate the tried and tested >12 years old rule.
Above 12 years old should be vaccinated.
My kids are under 18, there is no way in hell I'm letting them be vaccinated. Also, because the 16 year old already had covid, he's not getting a vaccine.

RoLeLu

I dont think it would be safe to vaccinate anyone let alone children, but if children are vaccinated by governement mandate, then government should be held accountable if there are any health complications as a result of the vaccine in the long term.

Edit: On second thought, it should not be made mandatory if this truly a free country.

Last edited:

Paulsie

Expert Member
I dont think it would be safe to vaccinate anyone let alone children, but if children are vaccinated by governement mandate, then government should be held accountable if there are any health complications as a result of the vaccine in the long term .

Edit: On second thought, it should not be made mandatory if this truly a free country.
It already is by default

Looney

Executive Member
No one has mentioned anything about newborns who have still not developed an immune system. What happens to them. Everyone is talking about older children but does anyone give a fsck about babies?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
No one has mentioned anything about newborns who have still not developed an immune system. What happens to them. Everyone is talking about older children but does anyone give a fsck about babies?
Let us know when all the newborn babies start dying of covid, then we'll worry about it. You're panicking over a non-event.

ajan

Apparently Bill Gates is building a space station. From there he's going to control all the people that got the vaccine. Including myself.
I understand you trying to joke and all. But reading this **** day after day as some sort of gotcha for anti-covid vax people is a mental energy drain. Do people type this **** because they are insecure?

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
Sure, children aren't dying from COVID, but they are transmitting it!
The vaccine doesn't only reduce the chances of COVID being fatal, it also reduces the transmissions rate.

I'm all for it. The sooner we vaccinate everyone the sooner we can move on with our lives.

noxibox

Honorary Master
you'll probably find the death rate in under 12 year olds from the vaccine to be waaaaay lower that the death rate of covid.
You might, but do we have a death rate for under 12s from any vaccine for this virus? If we exclude children who are malnourished or have known health problems what is the death rate from COVID-19? Are there other common risks to which we can compare?

0% huh.

Not zero, but that article is a prime example of why people become wary of the media. The whole thing is written to intentionally distort the risk to children. It barely even has any useful numbers that can be used to see if the hysterical tone of the headline and the parts that mention children actually match reality.

Paulsie

Expert Member
The vaccine doesn't only reduce the chances of COVID being fatal, it also reduces the transmissions rate.

I'm all for it. The sooner we vaccinate everyone the sooner we can move on with our lives.
Let's lock them up those little suckers.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Yes, let the New World Order as announced in Australia, South Africa, Britain and U.S. go in full swing.

noxibox

Honorary Master

Well now that the popular message is that the vaccines don't reduce transmission that is going to be a hard sell. Those presenting the message are also once again making themselves look suspect because when wanting to justify masks or lockdowns the story is vaccines don't reduce transmission, but when they want to rush to vaccinate children the story changes to vaccines do reduce transmission. Never mind that you can't really sell vaccines on reducing transmission when talking about children under 12 because the science says they are rarely spreaders anyway.