Should teens be able to go against the wishes of "vaccine hesitant" parents?

Should teens be able to go against the wishes of "vaccine hesitant" parents?

• Yes

Votes: 195 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.0%
  • Other / Undecided

Votes: 23 8.6%

• Total voters

rh1

Expert Member
'Should teens be able to'... Teens have been doing things against their parents' wishes as long as there have been teens.
I have actually heard parents state, my kids dont have sex, do drugs, etc. I am like under what rock are you living. Kids experiment. Accept it and realise that kids also mimic parents behaviour. So how you act will probably have a bigger impact on them than simply forbidding them from doing things.

rh1

Expert Member
Then I would vote 16, if you can make a whole new life then legally, you should have the right to choose your own medical direction.
Kinda want to agree but then I think of a 50+ year old person getting freaky with a 16 year because the 16 year old can agree. But 16 years old are easily manipulated (groomed) by older persons.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Kinda want to agree but then I think of a 50+ year old person getting freaky with a 16 year because the 16 year old can agree. But 16 years old are easily manipulated (groomed) by older persons.
Yeah. Difficult subjects.

Reactions: rh1

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Age is just a number

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I thought children and teenagers were less at risk from severe covid, did something change?
Yes. The rules. Don't be duped in thinking this has anything to do with the SARS-CoV-2 and the variants.

Brian_G

Executive Member
The kids should at least be offered literature on what alternative medical concerns are, but the bosses won't allow that of course... no profit there at any rate.

SaucePlz

I have actually heard parents state, my kids dont have sex, do drugs, etc. I am like under what rock are you living. Kids experiment. Accept it and realise that kids also mimic parents behaviour. So how you act will probably have a bigger impact on them than simply forbidding them from doing things.
Thinking back, the bigger the threat, the bigger the allure... xD My mom was big on supplying us with info and letting the chips fall where they may. A biology book on STDs did way more to scare me away from sex than the threat of burning in hell for all eternity ever did :p

• Haha

SaucePlz

The kids should at least be offered literature on what alternative medical concerns are, but the bosses won't allow that of course... no profit there at any rate.
No one ever does anything without they themselves getting something from it. No one. Not ever.

rh1

Expert Member
Thinking back, the bigger the threat, the bigger the allure... xD My mom was big on supplying us with info and letting the chips fall where they may. A biology book on STDs did way more to scare me away from sex than the threat of burning in hell for all eternity ever did :p
A friend told me a story, he accompanied and older boy who had an STD, he said the sight of the doctor hammering the friend's penis with a mallet, had a big effect on his behaviour.

SaucePlz

A friend told me a story, he accompanied and older boy who had an STD, he said the sight of the doctor hammering the friend's penis with a mallet, had a big effect on his behaviour.
I would imagine anyone that has a penis would've been affected

• Haha