Should teens be able to go against the wishes of "vaccine hesitant" parents?

Should teens be able to go against the wishes of "vaccine hesitant" parents?

• Yes

Votes: 195 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.0%
  • Other / Undecided

Votes: 23 8.6%

• Total voters

SaucePlz

Maybe it should be allowed a 7, like some transsexual cases...
Everything should be allowed from a legal standpoint. Parents should be responsible for raising their own children. Don't tell me how to raise my children because you can't be bothered to look after yours. It's not the church's or the school's, it's your responsibility as a parent to look after your crotch goblins.
The 'think of the children' argument is stupid and should be retired.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Everything should be allowed from a legal standpoint. Parents should be responsible for raising their own children. Don't tell me how to raise my children because you can't be bothered to look after yours. It's not the church's or the school's, it's your responsibility as a parent to look after your crotch goblins.
The 'think of the children' argument is stupid and should be retired.
I was being sarcastic in that case.

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
I would normally say it is up to the parents, but in this case I feel they should be allowed to make that choice. And that choice, should work both ways. If the parents want to go, but teen doesn't, then they don't get the jab. Finish en klaar.

As for the parents, you think an adult can always be trusted to make a good choice? I heard one kid repeat that the jab is the mark of the beast and all who have it are being marked for damnation. That's what his parents / church drilled into his mind. I mean god knows why you would need 2 jabs of the mark vs 1, unless you can take 1 / 2 and get half off on eternity in damnation? Who knows.

SaucePlz

I would normally say it is up to the parents, but in this case I feel they should be allowed to make that choice. And that choice, should work both ways. If the parents want to go, but teen doesn't, then they don't get the jab. Finish en klaar.

As for the parents, you think an adult can always be trusted to make a good choice? I heard one kid repeat that the jab is the mark of the beast and all who have it are being marked for damnation. That's what his parents / church drilled into his mind. I mean god knows why you would need 2 jabs of the mark vs 1, unless you can take 1 / 2 and get half off on eternity in damnation? Who knows.
Even Hell has to have admin problems from time to time...

SaucePlz

Not heaven though ;)
Who knows, those people having near death experiences and seeing Heaven but end up coming back might have been refused entry due to the queues. Haha, imagine a rate limit on the afterlife :p "Terribly sorry sir, there's a dust up in the Middle East again so we're unable to accommodate you this evening." /s

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Thanks, this song was in my head the whole time:
Love it, I never listen to non-European music but I like this one, nice and soothing, great lyrics :thumbsup: My ex is 16 years younger and the age difference was never an issue ever ;)

• Haha
Reactions: rh1

Wary GOM

Expert Member
My 13 year old isn't mature enough to decide his own bedtime.
Hmmm. I guess you were also sent to bed at the time your parents decided?

NB NB NB Joke

13-year olds are perfectly capable of deciding against anything their parents or elder siblings want them to do, right? So it comes down to the longer-term consequences of a decision. Here, most early teens don't have the experience or maturity to make the decisions unaided.

SaucePlz

Do you think most of our state employess are now in Hell? Shame on you!
Imagine Dante's Inferno, but it's different departments of government you have to deal with. I would think Home Affairs is a good contender for the final boss.