Should the SA government ban travel from India?

Should the SA government ban travel from India?

• Yes

Votes: 221 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
According to reports the DA and EFF have called on the government to impose travel restrictions on flights from India due to Covid-19.

Do you think this is necessary or an overreaction?

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Quarantine hotel I say.

Look at Aussie, they have banned Aussie citizens from returning from India. If you try come in via another country it's 5 years in the poke.

Very good video this.

neoprema

Executive Member
Yep i think they should. it will be temporary anyway, but we need to protect the country while our vaccine program runs, and temporary bans like this are going to be required every now and then.

Tman543

There are many countries that banned us when they heard of our Covid variant. So we should definitely have the same approach, it is only in the best interest. Why should we risk a another wave for a few extra (million) rands in the economy.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
There are many countries that banned us when they heard of our Covid variant. So we should definitely have the same approach, it is only in the best interest. Why should we risk a another wave for a few extra (million) rands in the economy.
A few extra millions not stolen?
Sounds like a logical plan to me.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Yes. Most of the time I don't understand what they're saying anyway.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Yes, but I want flights for non-SA citizens and permanent residents banned. What Aus has done to their own citizens is disgusting.

SA citizens and permanent residents should be allowed to return, but with an enforced quarantine in SA. Banning commercial shipping from India would be a disaster though, and shouldn't be done. 50-60% of SA coal exports go to India.

Nuke

No. The guvment should do what the have done the past 27 years. F-all. Let the problem sort it self out.

akescpt

Honorary Master
its to late...we have 13 days to make this third wave happen..they are doing their best to make the deadline

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Yes. But, how the heck will they successfully stop those who flew in from Dubai to Windhoek or Gaborone and drove across the border.

Honestly, though, if we are thinking about it now, it is already too late.

To quote another, "Buckle your seat belt, Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye-bye."