Should the SA government ban travel from India?

Should the SA government ban travel from India?

• Yes

Votes: 221 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

noxibox

Honorary Master
People travelling perhaps, although I'm not sure it really makes any difference. Banning the movement of goods would be pointless though.

Senor

Still don't see what all this drama is about. I know many people that have had it. It's a flu, very very few people have complications and end up dying.

You lot are brainwashed by all the shi* that's being fed to you.... Incapable of your own thoughts and conclusions

Cius

Executive Member
Still don't see what all this drama is about. I know many people that have had it. It's a flu, very very few people have complications and end up dying.

You lot are brainwashed by all the shi* that's being fed to you.... Incapable of your own thoughts and conclusions
Except all the first hand experiences I know of from people that have had it and died of it. Please keep your opinions to yourself. For most it will be a bad flu, for a lot of others it won't be. The Flu has never come close to overwhelming first world medical systems yet covid has repeatedly done that all over Europe.

noxibox

Honorary Master
If you're going to ban travel it should be a blanket ban. Trying to pick source countries is likely to have limited impact. By the time you know another country has an outbreak it is generally too late for a travel ban to make any difference. Travel bans are probably of limited value unless you already have no or almost no local infections.

The only virus that causes influenza is the influenza virus. So it could not be 'flu'.

medicnick83

Paramedic
No...

Those returning from anywhere that side should now go into a Quarantine hotel for at least 2 weeks.
That's all. :)

noxibox

Honorary Master
For most it will be a bad flu, for a lot of others it won't be. The Flu has never come close to overwhelming first world medical systems yet covid has repeatedly done that all over Europe.
Well that's clearly not the case. For most it will be very mild. For many not even a bad cold. Plus influenza is perfectly capable of overwhelming medical systems.

Bismuth

Expert Member
If any bans, lockdowns, or any other measures, actually worked, that would be great. Unfortunately they don't.

So suggesting a country-specific travel ban, or a blanket one, a lockdown or whatever restrictions they want to put in place, is pointless.

Senor

54511 people died from Covid as at 27th April 2021 in SA.

Every year 64000 people die from TB alone in SA.

People will die, one way or another.

Do we have to have such a reduced quality of life because of Covid?

Let's ban cars and guns as well then.

Nuke

Bit more annoying than the flu, but still nothing to get your panties in a knot about. Only met one person that died from it, only met him once though. So not a close contact in any way, and he was not the most healthy person.

If I have to get it yearly, so be it. But probably not gonna happen. Had it in December, and had not been able to reinfect myself since(Not for a lack of trying though). Maybe the new scary variant changes this though...