Should the SA government ban travel from India?

Should the SA government ban travel from India?

• Yes

Votes: 221 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Except all the first hand experiences I know of from people that have had it and died of it. Please keep your opinions to yourself. For most it will be a bad flu, for a lot of others it won't be. The Flu has never come close to overwhelming first world medical systems yet covid has repeatedly done that all over Europe.
Not true, hospitals are overwhelmed on a regular basis , due to cuts in many areas, its been going on for years.
All you have to do is Google " hospitals overwhelmed" and then pick a year.
Why do you think that their is so much distraction around the whole covid issue , with the constant fear mongering through the MSM, and sowing division with so many opinions ? Its all to distract the people and the masses from asking the important questions , where have the funds gone ? and why are the health care systems in the state that they are ?
Smoke and mirrors from the governments, fear and lockdowns to prevent protests and civic unrest.
Governments need to be held accountable for the state of heath care systems world wide, and Covid has certainly exposed these flaws. Its time people woke up to that.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Has the ANC ever had a correct decision ready when needed most, no one has the backbone to stick his neck out and take any responsibility?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Yes. But, how the heck will they successfully stop those who flew in from Dubai to Windhoek or Gaborone and drove across the border.

Honestly, though, if we are thinking about it now, it is already too late.

To quote another, "Buckle your seat belt, Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye-bye."
As Moose will tell you, you need a covid tests that is less than 3 days old to get through the SA border from neighboring countries.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Hell yea! Other countries have imposed travel restrictions against SA so why can we not do the same?

Cius

Executive Member
Not true, hospitals are overwhelmed on a regular basis , due to cuts in many areas, its been going on for years.
All you have to do is Google " hospitals overwhelmed" and then pick a year.
Why do you think that their is so much distraction around the whole covid issue , with the constant fear mongering through the MSM, and sowing division with so many opinions ? Its all to distract the people and the masses from asking the important questions , where have the funds gone ? and why are the health care systems in the state that they are ?
Smoke and mirrors from the governments, fear and lockdowns to prevent protests and civic unrest.
Governments need to be held accountable for the state of heath care systems world wide, and Covid has certainly exposed these flaws. Its time people woke up to that.

Very nice. Yes I know hospitals sometimes get busy. I also know doctors who work in hospitals and they are universally saying one thing. They have never seen it this bad. Just look at social media posts and how many nurses and doctors in those regions came out and said they have never seen anything like this before.

Anyways, pointless explaining, we have both made up our minds one way or the other. There are always facts to support every viewpoint in the media. Hence I trust what I hear from people closest to the frontlines and they have been 100% consistent in their message. As have been the guys who run the mortuaries. Believe what you want.

Brian_G

Executive Member
There's been just as much talk about rigid rules by nurses etc., people testing positive not allowed to go home just in case... that's what's causing the chaos.

People here (those answering the poll we had about it) suggested that most don't even know anyone who died from it.
Yes there's exceptions and some bad ones, but they're few.

Something else is going on.

chromedome

Expert Member
I had it and it was way worse than any flu I've ever had, coughing was the worst, bouts would last for hours at a time. I definitely do not want to experience this ever again, so yes ban away.

flytek

84% for a ban at the time of this post.
That just shows how the panic is so easy to spread while facts are not.
There is no evidence that the Indian strain can reinfect anyone who has had our strains and there is also no evidence it is any stronger than our strain. Without said evidence a ban would just be a knee jerk panic reaction from the scared and uninformed.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
ban travel from all countries, the quickest way to rid ourselves of the disease known as the ANC is to run full throttle into the abyss!

... oh wait, this was a covid question
:cool:

wbot

Executive Member
Yes but too late.

"It's not our fault" - Ramaphosa

Dan C

Honorary Master
How 'bout getting off of these antibiotics?
How 'bout stopping eating when I'm full up?
How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?
How 'bout that ever elusive kudo?
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

Esbendzn

I think they should but what about south africans returning from india

Grant s

I know that people have died , and I know that our own govt has stolEn a lot of money during the lockdowns , before the lockdowns and continue to steal . The emphasis being put on travel bans and restricting our movement across the planet and even in our own country is not equal to the the emphasis being put on jailing the thieving crooks running the country. Or has covid caused everyone to forget? It would make more sense to deal more seriously with all of the corruption which is taking place in our own country before making up new rules everyday with regards to covid. I'm so sick of hearing everyday about more waves, travel bans , more variations of covid and everything related to covid. It's as if they wish it were a perpetual occurrence so that govt can continue to do what they do best: make plans behind our backs while everyone's focus is elsewhere. I ask again: if covid was as serious as they Initially made it out to be, then why oh why did they steal all of that money which was supposed to help us?

nivo

Should not ban flights.

Rather have the person isolate at a facility, hotel or motel, at their cost.

Minimum 10 days or maximum 14 days.

World and economics has to move forward, got to look around banning and discriminating.

Look for solutions not creating more problems.

CB40

Expert Member
ban all international travel until covid is over
Have you thought about the people in the travel industry who have lost their jobs.
My daughter is one of them.
She's been in the travel business for 21 years and can't find employment.
Covid is here to stay.
Can I start a crowd fund to help her?