Should the SA government ban travel from India?

Should the SA government ban travel from India?

• Yes

Votes: 221 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

lucifir

Expert Member
Have you thought about the people in the travel industry who have lost their jobs.
My daughter is one of them.
She's been in the travel business for 21 years and can't find employment.
Covid is here to stay.
Can I start a crowd fund to help her?
I heard that australia has banned travel :unsure:

I am not sure about the solution to the employment issue, but the sooner we end covid the better for everyone.
So, rather than dragging this thing out longer, rather everyone take a bit of punishment for a few months so that we can get back to normality sooner.
At this rate, more people will be losing jobs and no chance of getting it back anytime soon.

Bismuth

Expert Member
After more than a year, it's been proven lockdowns and bans don't work. Lift all bans and restrictions, and let us get on with it, jayz.

noxibox

Honorary Master
So, rather than dragging this thing out longer, rather everyone take a bit of punishment for a few months so that we can get back to normality sooner.
At this rate, more people will be losing jobs and no chance of getting it back anytime soon.
Well that's the hypothesis, but firstly the evidence so far shows it isn't just for a few months and secondly we don't know how long it would take to recover from the severe damage.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I had it and it was way worse than any flu I've ever had, coughing was the worst, bouts would last for hours at a time. I definitely do not want to experience this ever again, so yes ban away.
Just wondering how you know you have had influenza? I wouldn't be able to say for sure whether I've ever had it as I've never been tested while sick. But if we're going by anecdotes then everyone I know who has had COVID-19 considered it pretty mild.

As for coughing for hours. Been there. Didn't take this particular virus to do it.

lucifir

Expert Member
Well that's the hypothesis, but firstly the evidence so far shows it isn't just for a few months and secondly we don't know how long it would take to recover from the severe damage.
it isn't a few months because we doing half measures. If we lock down properly for a month or 2 then this will die off (obviously this needs to be done all over the world - otherwise it will be a wasted effort )

chromedome

Expert Member
Just wondering how you know you have had influenza? I wouldn't be able to say for sure whether I've ever had it as I've never been tested while sick. But if we're going by anecdotes then everyone I know who has had COVID-19 considered it pretty mild.

As for coughing for hours. Been there. Didn't take this particular virus to do it.
Easy, doctor diagnoses it, as for the rest good luck to you if you get it. Not everyone has a mild attack, if you think that think again.