Should those eschewing vaccination pay more for life insurance?

Should those eschewing vaccination pay more for life insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 170 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 35.1%

• Total voters

Wary GOM

Expert Member
Want a funny story? Quite a few years ago I was a member of the Product Development team at a major life insurer. Not one of us owned a life policy yet we were designing them.
I don’t want to be a spoilsport, but don’t find that a”funny” story !

Swa

Honorary Master
Should those who do take the vaccine pay extra on their disability/impairment/dread disease insurance should it turn them into a potato?
What I wanted to ask.

If it turns out more people who got it end up in hospital or with diseases will they increase premiums for medical aid for those vaccinated?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
It's not about should, if the actuaries who work for life insurers decide that their behavior is more risky then they will most likely end up paying more.
2% higher risk of dying if contracting the disease ... seems like a pitiful increase in premiums if anything

think we're being trolled by these vaccine polls on MyBB though :ROFL:

noxibox

Honorary Master
My issue with this is they're nowhere near being in a position to figure out the risk regardless of the horse pucky being peddled by one insurer. And rather than this being about not costing "safer" policy holders more money I think it more likely that someone saw an opportunity for gouging some policyholders. They're also no doubt aware that there'll be plenty of the mob more than happy to watch them stick it to those "bad" people.

I don’t want to be a spoilsport, but don’t find that a”funny” story !
You won't find the algorithms they develop to figure out which policies they can get away with not paying even though they technically should pay funny either.

richjdavies

Expert Member
2% higher risk of dying if contracting the disease ... seems like a pitiful increase in premiums if anything

Youve got your numbers wrong.

Its a 20x + risk of dying if you catch covid if you are unvaccinated vs vaccinated!
(Thats what the 95-97% efficacy means!)

richjdavies

Expert Member
Youve got your numbers wrong.

Its a 20x + risk of dying i you catch covid if you are unvaccinated vs vaccinated!
(Thats what the 95-97% efficacy means!)
Ps..
If something gives you a risk of dying of 2% thats the same as being a 73 year old for a year!
Or 10x your annual chance of dying at a 45 years old..
Or 20x if your 35..
Your risk of dying depends on your age...

Rosaudio

First Officer
Of course they should pay more, and they will no matter what anyone here says.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Of course they should pay more, and they will no matter what anyone here says.
Everybody will end up paying more. Just like vitality points - 5,000 to 9,999 steps (50 points) - annual limit 1,000 points (20 days).
10,000 steps = 100 points - monthly limit 1,200 points)(12 days).
They want you to be healthy, as long as it doesn't cost them money.

Swa

Honorary Master
I don't think people understand. This is life insurance. They can't suddenly change your premium if you didn't change your risk factors like taking up smoking. New clients will simply go where the best deal is. You should go with a proper insurer in any case and not these wannabees.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Modern Corruption.
Yes, feed smart corruption, the sooner it run itself to pieces the better. Greed is going to destroy all of us in near future, you can print only so much money to circulate before you run out of resources in comparason to the "need", thats when the money starts getting no value.
-Look for oppertunity.
-Give it a Narrative/ to support the reason.
-Give it a name.
-Create a rule to support it.
-Type in the amount, and subtract.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Technically should be done for all vaccines, not just this one. But hey...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oh and while we're at it... can all those frigging diabetics consuming carbohydrates also pay more! TIA
They probably actually do pay more already. Hell anything funny on your medical record can make you pay more, I have an old rugby injury that has clauses and such attached to it.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Only just under 3% of the worlds population has had it as well, over 18 months, thought this thing was a super spreader.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Who needs life insurance when you've been chewing more ivermectin than Patricia Lewis's poodle?

• Haha
Reactions: Swa

RanzB

Honorary Master
I dunno about life insurance. But if you were offered the vaccine and don't take it, and then get sick enough to need healthcare, should you be refused?

I mean, you obviously don't believe in science, why would you want doctors attending to you? Just do the thoughts and prayers thing.