Should those eschewing vaccination pay more for life insurance?

Should those eschewing vaccination pay more for life insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 170 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 35.1%

• Total voters

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
I already lost 3 colleagues and 2 friends due to Covid! Believe me, not a pretty picture. I did not want to go for the vaccine at first but after this, I could not wait! By the way, Invermectin is no guarantee either!

Swa

Honorary Master
Funny how no-one else is 'arguing' for them except a few crackpots. Yet borders are opening and a semblance of normality is in sight thanks to these 'experimental prophylaxis. Just why do you think that is?

Man, I'd love to see you trying to get into Germany or France.

"Are you fully vaccinated sir?"

"Yes, I had and Ivermectin, garlic and beetroot smoothie for breakfast"
Dude I'm talking about standard medications. Yet insurers are not mandating people be on statins or pay a higher premium. It's just the vaccine cult again showing this is political. Thanks for proving my point with going off like a rapid wolf again over a simple statement.

Swa

Honorary Master
We are actually saying the same thing IMO.

If the media is misrepresenting the efficacy of the vaccines, that should show up in the stats.

My point is insurance companies should ignore politics and media narratives and focus on the real statistics. If those show that the company is exposed to more risk from unvaccinated people, then it makes sense to increase the prices for those people. But if the stats do not actually show that, then public opinion and media narratives etc should be irrelevant.
I agree. The issue is the data is not static and keeps changing day by day so from an insurance perspective there is actually nothing to quantify here. But on the plus by the time SA has been vaccinated and this can be implemented Covid will probably be a seasonal flu in any case.

Tickled_Tortise

A bit off topic but an interesting story about life insurance:

I met a lady at a car wash a few years back, we started talking and as the conversation flowed she explained that she had recently resigned from work after 6 months as the job was emotionally draining. She worked for an insurance company, her departments role was to look at the validity of life insurance claims, *they would get a commission on the the value of the claims rejected*/ the value they saved the company from paying out. This shocked me how the industry could be so ruthless. She also gave examples of the little discrepancies that were used as reasons for rejecting claims.

I obviously can't confirm if it's true but, I've never doubted her story, we were strangers and she had no reason to lie to me.