Votes: 243 60.1%
  • No - where there's no smoke there's no fire

Votes: 135 33.4%
  • Other (because...)

Votes: 26 6.4%

• Total voters

Raithlin

Executive Member
Vaping is worse than smoking, at least with smokers the cloud of smoke is smaller, vaping makes these massive clouds that you can't as easily avoid.
Sorry Craig, but that just sounds ignorant. Vapour clouds dissipate fully within 30 seconds and are as "poisonous" as room air. I'll find the study if you require it. Cigarette smoke is known to be harmful, hangs around for up to 5 minutes and gets into everything - furniture, car seats... everything.

You shouldn't have to avoid either - but inconsiderate people do not equal to "vaping is worse than smoking".

Raithlin

Executive Member
3) These DTL (big vapor cloud w@nker boxes) devices should be banned. They are killing people, the facts are out. They are every bit as lethal as an Elcano.
Fact? Link please?

If you're talking about devices blowing up, then regulate the market so the Chinese copies are (slowly, given our government) rooted out of the market.

Paul2504

Depends. My wife tried a MTL device, but it was only once she moved to a DTL device that she was able to achieve the effect she wanted and moved from cigs. Yes, MTL devices have improved in the last 4 years, but DTL has its place. The problem, as with guns, is not the tool as much as the tool using it. ;)
Well said, it is fairly common for people to start on high nic and MTL and graduate down to lower nic and DTL.

but I suppose it takes a wanker to know a wanker.

Doug_Dread

The ignorance around vaping is so immense that it's not worth getting into any discussions around it. Personally, vaping saved my life over a decade ago, without me having to go through the hell of giving up nicotine.

I do agree about "cloud-chasing" taking it too far though.

D3v8

We should just get the Guavament to double the tax on alcohol, and prohibit it's consumption in public places like restaurants and clubs. All these alcohol consumers making accidents on the roads, bar fights and committing GBV.

Raithlin

Executive Member
Fact? Link please?
Show us that its Chinese copies blowing up.
Touche. Excellent avoidance of the question at hand.

I can only present anecdotal evidence over the past 4 years - I've seen enough fakes/clones to know (and this goes for both hardware and e-juice) how dangerous they can be. On the other hand, I can count on one hand the amount of good quality devices that have blown up.

I guess you'll just have to trust me. :rolleyes:

Craig_

Honorary Master
Sorry Craig, but that just sounds ignorant. Vapour clouds dissipate fully within 30 seconds and are as "poisonous" as room air. I'll find the study if you require it. Cigarette smoke is known to be harmful, hangs around for up to 5 minutes and gets into everything - furniture, car seats... everything.

You shouldn't have to avoid either - but inconsiderate people do not equal to "vaping is worse than smoking".

It might not be worse but it's still unpleasant, you should be keeping your pollution to yourself.

Craig_

Honorary Master
We should just get the Guavament to double the tax on alcohol, and prohibit it's consumption in public places like restaurants and clubs. All these alcohol consumers making accidents on the roads, bar fights and committing GBV.

Your dumb "whatabout" might just work and then vaping can be as regulated as alcohol, this might actually not be a bad idea.

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

Touche. Excellent avoidance of the question at hand.

I can only present anecdotal evidence over the past 4 years - I've seen enough fakes/clones to know (and this goes for both hardware and e-juice) how dangerous they can be. On the other hand, I can count on one hand the amount of good quality devices that have blown up.

I guess you'll just have to trust me. :rolleyes:
No sorry I don't trust you. You asked for someone to give facts and a link, but now you thumb suck without a link and we have to trust you?
If you have "seen" so many devices blown up, obviously you don't know how to vape, build coils according to your hardware and use the right batteries. I have used plenty "clones" and even more genuine hardware and none has ever exploded.

Napalm

Expert Member
I dunno. I know Vaping sometimes gets a bad wrap. Being linked to Nicotine and tobacco products.

There are vapejuices/devices that contain no nicotine at all. (so if your using 0% nic, there is no tobacco in it)
You also get people using CBD in Vape juice (calms you down, helps with pains like neckpain or Legpain or backpain. Also helps with stress and insomnia too)

I know alot of people who got off the ciggies and used Vapes with Nicotine but eventually they like the flavors. They then eventually ween off the nicotine down to 0% nicotine. I know some people have quit completely. As they don't need it and don't want to spend more moneys on vaping. They stopped. Then some people continue to use the 0% nic as they just like the flavors such as Lime Custard or Chocolate Hazelnet or Blackberry Donuts or Watermelon Ice. <-- people that continue vaping on 0% nic is just flavor chasers.

Vapes are a cheaper alternative, some vape-juices are like R99 to R150 for 30ml to 60ml bottle. Normally lasts a full month. even when buying 2 different flavors a month. it would be R300 tops per month. Compared to Ciggies being R40 or more per pack, 1pack per day. 30xR40 = R1200 minimum.

Devices that are pen style or smaller vape devices consume very little vapejuice (2 or 3 ml can last 2days or so. Depends on how much you vape). Obviously if the vaping device is bigger and uses higher wattage and produce massive clouds it will use the juice much more. In most cases 60ml will last a full month (120ml if your heavily vaping)

It generates a mist with little but of heat but there is no Combustion.

Raithlin

Executive Member
No sorry I don't trust you. You asked for someone to give facts and a link, but now you thumb suck without a link and we have to trust you?
If you have "seen" so many devices blown up, obviously you don't know how to vape, build coils according to your hardware and use the right batteries. I have used plenty "clones" and even more genuine hardware and none has ever exploded.
You don't know me and you presume too much, good sir. The trust me comment was made in jest, but you must have missed that.

It's far too easy to throw the "prove it" comment into the ether. I asked a legitimate question and I still haven't received a answer, nor will I. I'll leave that there then.

Back to the real stuff. Just because you know how to coil (as do I, by the way - none of the devices I built and fitted coils to ever exploded) doesn't mean everyone else does. That's problem number one. Not everyone knows Ohm's Law (or applies it correctly), yet everyone has access to the same devices. Again, the problem does not lie with the hardware as much as it does to the user, and I lay the blame here squarely on the seller. Granted, online is a different issue, but in a physical store I fully expect there to be some sort of questioning etc. before selling Mr Bloggs an advanced device (or indeed an unregulated mod, heaven forbid).

[EDIT]
I re-read your post. My word, you went left field. I said that I have seen enough clones - not that they all exploded, just that they were of low quality. I have also owned and used several high quality clone drippers in the past. I've also handled and tried many [pens, devices] that have come through our doors that I wouldn't touch again. In the spirit of the discussion I have given you my opinion and also tried to keep it light. If you choose to insult me in return then that's the end of the conversation.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Jean Claude Vaaldamme

You don't know me and you presume too much, good sir. The trust me comment was made in jest, but you must have missed that.

It's far too easy to throw the "prove it" comment into the ether. I asked a legitimate question and I still haven't received a answer, nor will I. I'll leave that there then.

Back to the real stuff. Just because you know how to coil (as do I, by the way - none of the devices I built and fitted coils to ever exploded) doesn't mean everyone else does. That's problem number one. Not everyone knows Ohm's Law (or applies it correctly), yet everyone has access to the same devices. Again, the problem does not lie with the hardware as much as it does to the user, and I lay the blame here squarely on the seller. Granted, online is a different issue, but in a physical store I fully expect there to be some sort of questioning etc. before selling Mr Bloggs an advanced device (or indeed an unregulated mod, heaven forbid).

[EDIT]
I re-read your post. My word, you went left field. I said that I have seen enough clones - not that they all exploded, just that they were of low quality. I have also owned and used several high quality clone drippers in the past. I've also handled and tried many [pens, devices] that have come through our doors that I wouldn't touch again. In the spirit of the discussion I have given you my opinion and also tried to keep it light. If you choose to insult me in return then that's the end of the conversation.
[/EDIT]
NO NO NO. you did not say "blow ups" is user related you said its Chinese copy hardware related.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Vaping is much, much better for those around them than smoking, but I still prefer my indoor environments vape free.

If I had my way, I would like the following:
Vaping - not allowed in indoor public areas, except those designated for smokers.
Smoking - not allowed in indoor or outdoor public areas, except those designated for smokers.

Esbendzn

Im for it because theres no "inchies" that are being littered or veldfires started.....maybe pocketfires though

s0lar

Expert Member
You're inhaling **** and blowing it out causing a stink. Same thing.

Most vapers go out of their way to not bother other people. There will always be the minority that blows their clouds when non-smokers are around. 99% of vapers dont.

For example, since that one guy rev's his super bike at 1am or comes screaming past your house while you are trying to sleep. Should we ban super bikes? Because of the one tool that bothers you?

Common sense is so passé