Show your watch thread

Pretty much all my watches are imported, mainly because of variety to be honest. In the case of Seiko, we mostly get only the made in Malaysia ones here, not the Japanese made ones (not that it makes the Malaysian ones inferior, the Japanese ones just make it a little more unique).

What is interesting is that there's a roaring trade in 2nd hand (and junked) Seiko's in the Philippines. I still can't understand why, but I have 7 broken divers coming in early next week (a few SKX's in the lot as well) from there. And the dude I'm getting it from has lots more.
I bought a mk1 Monster in black on the bracelet when I was working in Manila c2008. Cost the equivalent of GBP80 and I believe its worth a fair bit more these days. I've barely worn it, always felt very top heavy to me.

Hahaha was a Christmas gift.

Not sure which city you're in but word to the wise, you're a bit of a target. We go to a little bistro in Illovo and on the back of their menu is written in very large text 'NO ROLEX'. Scrotes have been storming in to relieve people of their watches after casing them getting out of their cars.

There was also that person murdered in front of Standard Bank a few years ago and someone at work followed from Sandton City and robbed of their Daytona at their complex entrance. London's no better, I know of people getting stabbed and acided by moped crews for Rolex and APs.

Not sure which city you're in but word to the wise, you're a bit of a target. We go to a little bistro in Illovo and on the back of their menu is written in very large text 'NO ROLEX'. Scrotes have been storming in to relieve people of their watches after casing them getting out of their cars.

There was also that person murdered in front of Standard Bank a few years ago and someone at work followed from Sandton City and robbed of their Daytona at their complex entrance. London's no better, I know of people getting stabbed and acided by moped crews for Rolex and APs.
Yep, I am very well aware of this.

Why would anyone want a watch that puts your life at risk? It makes no sense, its a watch at the end of the day.
Its pretty sad that the world is in that state.

In other news, I got the junk watches in this morning. Make no mistake, they are rough. But not as rough as they looked on the Ebay listing. Most of the dials actually look pretty good and that's the expensive part. The casings can be tarted up and the movements are cheap.

IMG-8623.jpg

In other news, I got the junk watches in this morning. Make no mistake, they are rough. But not as rough as they looked on the Ebay listing. Most of the dials actually look pretty good and that's the expensive part. The casings can be tarted up and the movements are cheap.
I like the Tuna-style Seiko 5, looks like it won't need much work to spruce up.

Got a little collection myself. These are my fancy ones

Cool B&R. They made a bronzy version which I loved - it had fantastic JPS vibes.

My current daily:
728c28c6db99b537534bacb8fa468e2a.jpg

Let's see if anyone recognizes it.
I have quite a few Casios and a Wenger for formal occasions. Nothing too fancy.

I like the Tuna-style Seiko 5, looks like it won't need much work to spruce up.
Getting that one going is gonna suuuuck. Crown and stem are missing, and the plastic surround is cracked under where the crown used to be. I’m kinda dreading opening it up to see what else is wrong, parts for those aren’t cheap. But yeah, it’s a nice style.

I’m kinda debating whether I should document the rebuild of those watches here. Not sure if people are into that

Back