Showmax Pro local vs international price and content comparison

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Showmax Pro local vs international price and content comparison

MultiChoice has rolled out its new Showmax Pro offering in South Africa, expanding the offering of its streaming service with a selection of live sports.

Showmax Pro offers subscribers additional content alongside the traditional Showmax entertainment service, including music channels, news, and live sports streaming.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Why would anyone subscribe to the South African version of Showmax Pro?

For eSports? You can see all of that on Twitch for free.

****ing demented, these people.

Edit: You can't even sign up for the 14-day trial?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
The EPL broadcast deals end in 2022, until then Monochoice can charge whatever they want

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If you want a bit of everything sign up for Hulu/Disney+/ESPN for $13 (R250) per month. Yes, you'll need a Smart DNS service but that will also give you US Netflix and UK tv (BBC/ITV/Ch4&5) so it's well worth the $5 per month imho.

At least with ESPN you'll get some rugby, cricket and soccer (as well as real sports like baseball, basketball, football, and hockey).

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Well Rugby and Cricket are not included yet the price is unattractive, explain that.

deonste

I was really hoping for some rugby or cricket, but alas. They don't care about our needs, and that is the exact reason I cancelled my dstv. **** excuse for football for the rest of Africa. Why don't you do options, but as always that does not happen. Monochoice.

s0lar

Expert Member
I was really hoping for some rugby or cricket, but alas. They don't care about our needs, and that is the exact reason I cancelled my dstv. **** excuse for football for the rest of Africa. Why don't you do options, but as always that does not happen. Monochoice.

Wouldn’t feel bad, guess we’re just not their target market. So no ill in kicking them to the curb.

Peon

Expert Member
“If a person is a sports fanatic and they want it all – go get DStv. And if they want it online, we now have that available for you online,” he said.

I still read dismissive and disregard for local SA viewers with this tone. They not listening. He's trying to emphasize that its still ok how it is now and the price is ok because we love sport. His words give the general emphasis that all is well.

Its like they are as delusional as government.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
It's 2020, but ai

It is available on various devices, offering two simultaneous viewing streams with a resolution of up to 720p, and allows for five registered devices.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
One thing they must fix is that these are not channels in the traditional sense, but events. So they have an "end time" set by them. All the extra time (FA cup currently) matches have essentially been truncated :(