Showmax Pro with live sport launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

MultiChoice has launched a new streaming product named Showmax Pro, which bundles the existing Showmax entertainment service with music channels, news, and live sport streaming from SuperSport.

Showmax Pro includes all Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, and PSL games as well as a wide range of live sport events including IAAF Athletics, professional boxing, and the world’s biggest marathons.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Too much local content on Showmax at the moment, this might be the only thing that will save them.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member

MultiChoice has launched a new streaming product named Showmax Pro, which bundles the existing Showmax entertainment service with music channels, news, and live sport streaming from SuperSport.

Showmax Pro includes all Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, and PSL games as well as a wide range of live sport events including IAAF Athletics, professional boxing, and the world’s biggest marathons.
Including "not safe for blacks" content?

no need to support a censorship regime...

SammyD

Expert Member
Why do they have to bundle so many things together. I just want the ordinary Showmax + the news. Don't care about sport. But I'm also not upping my subscription because I know most of it is paying for the sport

Joseph matane

"sport content and pricing may vary by country." Prepare to get shafted.
True but judging by Kenya pricing "Showmax Standard plan is 36% cheaper than pro" Nigeria pricing "Showmax Standard plan is 46% cheaper compare to Pro" it seems Showmax Pro will be double the price of Showmax Standard I expect it to be less than R250 I foresee discount promotion for current Showmax subscribers so R199 per month is likely
I think this thing of saying is going to cost more than R250 is not possible

Update from Showmax South Africa
supported Smart TVs for Showmax Pro are: Samsung Tizen (2017-2020) and LG WebOS (2014-2020)

Last edited:

ActivateD

Expert Member
Interesting hmm I might get this and can finally tell family to cancel DSTv premium.

Joseph matane

If we compare Red Apples with Green Apples it seems like Showmax Pro is more of DStv Compact package,
Honestly if I ignore internet connection requirement I think it will be a hit because more than 50% of DStv Compact subscribers love soccer they don't care about other channels and Showmax Pro will be almost half price of DStv Compact

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Step in the right direction, but personally I don't want the Showmax content, I just want a Sports streaming service....

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Why do they have to bundle so many things together. I just want the ordinary Showmax + the news. Don't care about sport. But I'm also not upping my subscription because I know most of it is paying for the sport
Doesn't Showmax already have news channels?