ShowMax to let users download TV shows, movies instead of streaming: report

Pitbull

Verboten
Owning content in that way would mean a different type of license needed by Showmax. Surely people will pay more for such a feature.

raind33r

Expert Member
haha here it comes ;)
But wait! for another R59.99/month you can now download too :whistling:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Owning content in that way would mean a different type of license needed by Showmax. Surely people will pay more for such a feature.

You will never own the content. Obviously it will like Deezer does it. Content is DRM'd and gets locked when your subscription lapses.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
Bwhahahahahaha... MonoChoice must be desperate for more money...

diabolus

Executive Member

No, they know what netflix is going to do, and it is exactly this, showmax are ensuring there is 0 reason to even start Netflix in sa

DanDango

Honorary Master
This video will self destruct in 24 hours thanks you for using ShowMax

See... Now I'm interested, set shows to d/l during the day while you're at work or overnight(using Night Owl data) and then watch when you want even if the internet goes to ****

Wall

Sports Addict
nice, multichoice clearly thinking ahead.

Grouter

Executive Member
See... Now I'm interested, set shows to d/l during the day while you're at work or overnight(using Night Owl data) and then watch when you want even if the internet goes to ****

But isn't that called "Sonarr / SABNZBD / Usenet / TI Nightsurfer"? And it's free last I checked...

kianm

Honorary Master
So Showmax is giving people the opportunity to go download the content say at work hmmm. Well now that just justifies why such sites and content are/ must be blocked in company networks

But isn't that called "Sonarr / SABNZBD / Usenet / TI Nightsurfer"? And it's free last I checked...

Well yes and is what I do currently but if I can get the same service(ie: download when I want and watch when I want) legally then I'm happy to pay for it

Grouter

Executive Member

Well yes and is what I do currently but if I can get the same service(ie: download when I want and watch when I want) legally then I'm happy to pay for it

And also doesn't support the people that make the shows you enjoy.

And therein lies the rub: One's conscience - can one live with it?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Download the movies instead of streaming it....on your 4MB connection that would otherwise play Youtube 720p videos smoothly...
This is just Showmax admitting that their streaming is k*k slow on a normal connection.
#fail

Wall

Sports Addict
Download the movies instead of streaming it....on your 4MB connection that would otherwise play Youtube 720p videos smoothly...
This is just Showmax admitting that their streaming is k*k slow on a normal connection.
#fail

lol, sure, cause they only want to target the 4MB connected people. no hope for the 2MB and 1MB connections...

Lupus

Honorary Master

Multichoice is a separate company to Showmax, Naspers is the holding company of both. So Multichoice isn't doing anything.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Multichoice is a separate company to Showmax, Naspers is the holding company of both. So Multichoice isn't doing anything.

Parents spend a lifetime telling their children what to do and you can bet that Showmax and their older sibling Multichoice are good little children.

No, they know what netflix is going to do, and it is exactly this, showmax are ensuring there is 0 reason to even start Netflix in sa
On the contrary - Showmax will just whet people's appetite for a real streaming service - iow one that works .;)