Showtime taking on piracy of Mayweather vs McGregor fight

Cius

Executive Member
I see it is being advertised on showmax here in SA.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
In other news: "Showtime says it can successfully piss against the wind without getting it's shoes wet."

BBotha

Why the hell would you want to pay $99 to see Mayweather vs McGregor in a boxing match? Maybe in a MMA fight, but not a boxing match. It will be like watching Brad Binder vs Nico Rosberg in a F1 car race...

Cius

Executive Member
Don't you get a free 1 month trial of showmax still?

Pitbull

Verboten
I read somewhere that there is some kind of loophole for people who stream this service under American law. Something about Public interest or something or another. I'll find it again tonight at home and show the exert someone is using for them to stream it via Youtube. already a bunch of links on youtube for the fight.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Why the hell would you want to pay $99 to see Mayweather vs McGregor in a boxing match? Maybe in a MMA fight, but not a boxing match. It will be like watching Brad Binder vs Nico Rosberg in a F1 car race...
Not even MMA.

I've worked at a few MMA events here in Cape Town (sure, not Las Vegas quality UFC fighting, but still some big names) and I can tell you, unless I get a free seat next to the hexagon and I happen to be bored and have nothing else to do and I am in the vicinity, I won't pay a cent. All the hype, not unlike WWE, and the fighters go down within the first 20 seconds, and it's grappling. That's pretty much it. K1 is a different story, but not $99 :crylaugh:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Not even MMA.

I've worked at a few MMA events here in Cape Town (sure, not Las Vegas quality UFC fighting, but still some big names) and I can tell you, unless I get a free seat next to the hexagon and I happen to be bored and have nothing else to do and I am in the vicinity, I won't pay a cent. All the hype, not unlike WWE, and the fighters go down within the first 20 seconds, and it's grappling. That's pretty much it. K1 is a different story, but not $99 :crylaugh:

Batista

Executive Member
I can assure you, that this fight will break the record for most illegal streams.So if you cant find a working stream fight night... try harder lol

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It always amazes me what Americans are willing to pay for these godawful pay-per-view boxing events. I wouldn't even pay $5 for such crap. If it happens to be on TV I'll consider watching, but if not who cares.

Batista

Executive Member
It always amazes me what Americans are willing to pay for these godawful pay-per-view boxing events. I wouldn't even pay $5 for such crap. If it happens to be on TV I'll consider watching, but if not who cares.
They cant ignore the hype machine and this machine is a beast.